Friday, July 18, 2008

Laptop's down/Japan tour day 2

Can't believe that my laptop is in for FIVE working days just to replace a cracked cover... So I'm laptop-less till next wednesday and will have to add oil to my 5 year old desktop sitting at the corner of my (very cluttered) table and fire it up. Thank God it still works, other than dust all over the keyboard and monitor. What I'm kinda miffed about was that Surlbo managed to get his laptop back after TWO days... Grr... Should have told the engineer about this case and negotiated for a faster turnaround time. Shucks.

Anyway, been busy, as some of you would know. Have not blogged for nearly 2 weeks considering I'm kinda on vacation. Being a freelancer is kinda tough, but fun with the right company present. Just finished a small project with DSA, which took almost every bit of time since last Friday to complete.
Well, it's a good learning experience for me. Like what Gary always says, the most happy times are when I get a project and when I get paid, and I echo his sentiments. No joke when you have to stare at a drawing day and night and trying to figure out what the guy who drew it in the first place was trying to convey. In Gary's case, tree in the middle of a road/building???!!! What the $%#%$Q%$#$#@$... Excuse the language. Anyway, hope we can get more projects. In case you are wondering what DSA stands for, it's taken from an anime. But in our case, it's 'Drafting Services Associates'. Onegaishimasu.

Back to the tour..

It's Saturday, and it's really been a while since I've not attended MS, a few years I think, or maybe just 2 years ago. Anyway, it's been another long day. Breakfast was good: buffet style with a mix of Japanese and Western dishes on the menu. First time having Japanese rice for breakfast, and it's filling, to say the least. Visited Koyomizu temple in the morning (tourist trap area). Lots of people though, with school kids running around. It's a world heritage site or something. But it also has a very good view of Kyoto. Oh yeah, took a bullet train to reach Kyoto from Osaka, which lasted some 15 minutes. Kinda fast. Really should come back to Japan again, this time on "free and easy" though. I want more shopping time in MY kind of shops, heh. After testing cherry blossom flavour ice-cream in the area, we went to some place facing the Sea of Japan. Called Tojimbo or something, it's supposedly a popular place for suicides -_-" Here, the sea water have eroded the cliffs which became rather jagged and rocky. Had fun climbing down to take photos, though someone wasn't too thrilled.. Remind me NOT to travel with ___ in future... can't stand the complaining... Awara was the next stop. Here, we checked into a hotel offering onsen baths. Tried that, and it's kinda refreshing. Definitely want to try it again soon. And there's 2 more nights at hotels with onsen baths. Hmm.. Room was covered in tatami mats, which meant sleeping on the floor on futons, which were prepared for us by the hotel staff while we were having dinner. Realy nice. Don't mind having this concept for my bedroom in future. Came across an Eva mag at the 24 hour convenience store across the road, which I bought for Gary and myself. Hope he likes it. Also bought home some food stuff for cell and the sound guys. Hope they'll like it. There's still my anime stuff to get, as well as other stuff for some friends. Ah well. Time to rest. Oyasumi!

"This is what the LORD says to the house of Israel:' Seek me and live...' " Amos 5:4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home