Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In Stores Now/Japan Tour Day 3

EDIT: Ok, the date reads Wednesday the 23rd. But that's the thing with Blogger, it doesn't seem to take into account the date the post is published, only when it started. Got lazy in the last few days while sorting out stuff and only managed to finish it now, Sunday morning 1.10am.

Went on a mini shopping spree on Monday. Visited SKS for the first time to help Liyen get a Veggie Tales vcd (and walking in the rain). Kinda inconvenient place to get to, but at least my bag got dried during the time I spent there (dry contents throughout while walking in the rain. Timbuk2 rocks!). Bought one of Paul Baloche's dvds on music theory as well. Can't say it's cheap, but from what I read from reviews and comments, it's worth it. Want to get the acoustic guitar dvd and an intermediate guitar course dvd as well to help improve my guitar playing; felt this is one area I'm stagnant in as I don't really have anyone to guide me (or at least someone willing to impact to me for free) and I kinda have a mental block when it comes to music theory. But hopefully that will change soon once I've digested the dvd. Also bought Jack & Rai's long long long delayed cd, which was just released a few days back, and which I've been waiting for since I heard their free lunch time concert at the Esplanade with Kace on July 26th last year. After listening to the cd on my lappy (it's back, finally), frankly, I prefer the live acoustic sessions. It IS a different listening experience, which I guess should be the avenue to walk down in an album, but felt some of the songs got too "mixed", especially Pixelated. Comparing the live performance last year that I recorded on my mp3 player (oops) and this, well, my ear goes after the former. Don't get me wrong. There are some nice acoustic stuff on the album as well, the sort I really really love. So overall, it's still an ok cd to get. Maybe I should listen more to it and reserve comments till later.

Moving on to day 3, tour of the Land of the Rising Sun.

Oh yeah, before I head there, here's the link to my Picasa album containing the shots I took in Japan. http://picasaweb.google.com/jon.journey/JapanTour2008. Those on Facebook can also view most of the photos under my profile.

Nothing much for today. After checking out of the hotel, we visited some garden as well as some place that sold unique pottery and another that made confectionary and sweets (heaven for those with a sweet tooth!). After lunch, we visited another heritage site, one that has houses with traditional thatched roofs. Long journey to get here, but the landscape is simply beautiful , within the surrounding mountains. Pity the rain that spoiled it all. (Remind me NOT to visit Japan during the rainy season ever again!). Had some nice coffee and curry rice in a small cafe/eatery while waiting for the coach boarding time. Then a journey that took an hour and a half through winding mountain roads and tunnels. Passed some really nice landscapes, including water catchment areas and hydro dams. Too bad my cam sucks (read: old, lack of manual controls especially shutter speed, and only had a 64mb XD card). This was the cam we got in 2002 and which I brought with me twice to Taiwan and once to Vietnam. Wish for a better cam, but still, there's that McPherson I'm dreaming of, heh. And that backpacking trip through Europe that I'm thinking about as well. Ah well.. Will need to shove aside these thoughts until I can find a job that will allow me to afford these.

Hotel for the night is kinda different from last night's. Proper beds this time around. Too bad the hot spring on the top floor was closed, leaving only the one in the basement . It's smaller than the one in yesterday's hotel, but it's open round the clock. Guess it's gonna be another long day tomorrow. Really long for Tokyo with the shops. I wana get my Hirano Aya cd... Guess I can only be content with the live version of 'God knows...' I ripped from the concert Gary passed to me (read: inferior quality...) Ciao for now.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home