Sunday, August 07, 2005

Quiet and peaceful day

Headed to bed early last night cos was kinda knackered from all the activities (not to mention lack of sleep) from before. But still had to drag myself off my comfortable bed to turn off my alarm and drag myself to my couch. What for, you ask? Zzzz. Haha. Was too comfortable lying on my couch reading today's newspapers that I didn't want to get up. Till I saw the time. Even then, lingered on for a while more before I dragged my feet to the shower. Headed to church after and met Terence at the entrance. Seems like the sanctuary was packed. Think PW reserved a seat for me on the left side, but had to give that up cos of the crowd. In the end, me and Terence settled for the right. Sermon was very interesting. Had a guest speaker who's a scientist who talked about evolution (ie. man's view) and God (Christian world's view). Seems like fossils aren't as old as they seem to be. Dino fossils aren't 65 million years old, but rather a few thousand. Red blood cells were found in the bones of a T.Rex. Check out the website: http://www.answersingenesis.org Really good site where a lot of questions that are on your mind can be answered through the articles published on it. Would recommend it even if you are not a christian.

Had lunch with PW Terence and Emily after lunch at the coffee shop opposite. All of us ordered chicken bryanni (did I spell that right?). Not too bad, wasn't as spicy as I thought. Can't really take spicy stuff as I will sweat due to my metabolism. Hot day today, with everyone commenting on the weather at least once. Sitting outside the coffee shop with a shelter above our heads and fans blowing didn't help at all. Not to mention the thick polo I wore cos of church's air-con climate. All of us headed to tampines central's mac for drinks after lunch ended, and we continued chatting till about 4pm. Emily and PW headed for home. Since I didn't have much to do, I took up Terence's offer of going to his place to hang around. Had a good chat with him till dinner which we had at a coffee shop next to simei mrt. We talked about his life experiences and some things like worship. Appreciated the time spent with him. Thanks bro.

Nothing much after but headed to bugis to chill out at the arcade for a while. Not much of competition, considering it's sunday night already. Oh well. There's always another time. But thinking of retiring. Not much time to really hang around the guys anymore. Need to concentrate on what's important. Still, there's irc.

Been reading up on the AiG site. See link above. Fascinating especially about the articles on dinos. Considering that I started writing this blog around 11 and am still writing it halfway at 12.37am! Oh well. Time flies, I guess. Almost to the end of my vacation and time to mug. Still have not started on IBM as I told Neo I would in July. Been considering reading at night and RO in the day when there are less players around, and hence less lag and easier access. Sigh. Need to get back to a studying mindset. Not the one like before which used last minute studying, but one that puts consistent studying a priority. Heh, have to break out of my laziness. Still, have many commitments. Wondering whether should I drop the less important ones. Considering SRC now that I'm a senior and don't really have to plan projects or events like before. Maybe just get involved in one or two if they interest me. God and studies have to come first. Won't be an easy road. But life was never a bed of roses for christians anyway. Have to endure the trials set before me!

"We sent Timothy, who is our brother and God's fellow worker in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage in your faith, so that no one would be unsettled by these trials. You know quite well that we were destined for them. In fact, when we were with you, we kept telling you that we would be persecuted. And it turned out that way, as you well know", 1 Thessalonians 3:2-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home