Thursday, August 11, 2005

A tired Jon

Heh, have not been posting for a day or two. Actually meant to blog earlier in the afternoon, but just couldn't find the time to do so. Woke up at around 11 with a sms of Yiyi asking me to lead worship for CF earlier in the evening. Being the good natured person I am, I agreed. So rushed to pick (and play a bit of) songs and get the draft lyrics done and saved into my thumbdrive so that I can print in school. Had to hustle cos had to meet JY at chinatown to pass her the HP books before her lunch break ended. Decided to sell off my set, felt compelled by the Spirit to do so. Don't really read them these days, plus my church isn't really advocating HP. Oh well. 40 bucks for the lot, with OOTP being hardcover, what's more. Another big lost, greater than 50% discount. This should remind me to spend my money more wisely on stuff next time.

Anyway, headed to school right after lunch of mac at chinatown point. Developed diahorrea along the way. So headed straight to a toilet on the 4th floor. Won't want to really describe what happened, but it's not a pretty sight (or feeling). Begged for diahorrea pills from SRC room. Thank God the excos were conducting interviews and hence, the room's open. But charcoal pills don't really agree with my stomach, I must say. Made me queasy for the rest of the night. Those who went for CF might wonder why I was kinda quiet after the lesson by Evelyn started. Now you know :Þ. Really have to thank the Lord in guiding me during the worship session. This is like the second time I'm leading worship only, with the first being one of the prayer meetings on mondays last semester. Songs I led are as such, With All I Am, To You, Lord I Give You My Heart, and I Wanna Be With You. The last being unknown to the rest as it's written by one of the worship leaders at cornerstone church. Introduced to it some time ago by Joyce. Really like the song :) Maybe I should play it during one of my cell meetings one of these days, when I'm tasked to lead in worship.

Gonna be a long 4 weeks before the performance in september. Rehearsals 3 times a week on mondays, tuesdays and thursdays, CF on wednesdays, Cell group on fridays. Weekends are spent working. Just want to apologise to everyone if they want to meet me, but can't due to my schedule. Hope I can catch up again soon. Btw, all my stuff are like from 7pm onwards, so I'm still free during the day time. So feel free to call me out for coffee or something, or a chat. Don't mind either :)

National day was fine for me. Nothing much went on. Met Terence to head to Changi Village for him to sample International Nasi Lemak. Long queue, as expected. Had to get in line for like 20+ minutes before we got served. But they ran out of otah! Sigh. Settled for the fish fillet, which wasn't as nice though. Terence also bought some fried wanton to share. Coupled with some sugar cane (2 rounds!), we were pretty much stuffed. Headed to bugis after to look around at who's playing. Only one 'real' player around, and that was like at 6+ or so in the evening. Heh, drew him I think, with the last match being ocved by me before he left. BCC against MSP. Really getting rusty with my execution. Really got me thinking about retiring the scene and be an observer. Headed down to marina bay next to take a look and look for a friend. Got there late cos apparently she closed shop at 8pm. Went with her to HDB hub at toa payoh where we met her bf for dinner. Really nice guy, but she told me he's kinda petty, plus other differences, so she's not acknowledging him. Sigh, don't know what to say. This is like the second couple in distress that I've seen this week. All I can maybe say is, forgive and forget. Accept him for who he is. And Tim, if you are reading this, remember what I told you about. QJ's a nice gal. Don't waste the past year. That's all I'm gonna say. But if you need help, just give me a buzz. Don't keep things bottled up inside. I'll help if I can.

Gonna RO after this. Hope the new hardware's installed so it'll be lag-free and can log in more easily. Kinda miss playing it after an absence of a few days.

Really have to start focusing on the Lord for all my needs and for my burdens to be taken care of. Need to overcome the ways of the world, starting from anything and everything around me! Have to seek for wisdom and for the Lord's protection in everything I do. Lest I be tempted. Have to really apply "A Way of Escape" into my life, and not just read and forget. Speaking of Christian books, anyone has "More than a carpenter" by Josh McDowell to lend me?

"To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat with with my Father on his throne", Revelation 3:21

1 Comments:

At 10:54 pm, Blogger joyce said...

hey jon, i have More Than a Carpenter to lend u.. hee..if u manage to c this.. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home