Monday, December 18, 2006

God He Reigns




Can't seem to sleep at this hour. Not that I've tried. My mind's pretty awake, just have no idea why. Long day past, many hours last. The day's dawn, slept through my yawns.

Ok, I really don't know what I'm writing up there. Just a lame attempt at poetry, a couple of sentences at that. Nothing much since my last entry. Tried pathetically to study this side of Christmas, but kinda failed. Elitism (bugis, if you understand) got the best of me this past week, more to entertain myself more than anything, though I'm getting sick of it. Really have to stop doing this. Oh well, have to force myself to do something before Christmas, at least start on something.

Went shopping for flower material on Wednesday with Wijaya, Wenda and Huishan in Chinatown. There was this shop that I always go to to get such stuff. Nice and cheap, but too bad they didn't have the colour patterns I wanted (blended colours). So settled for a pack of each colour. So it looks like I have 180 roses to do. Not alone of course. Will have some help from the gals in doing this. Operation fund raiser has already commerced, with some roses already done. This year, we are gonna do more than roses for fund raising. There's the idea of knitting some names to put on pens, car wash (?), gigs to raise money (-_-"""), knitting key chains in pairs for couples, and goes on. Need more ideas. Lots of funds to raise. Hopefully we can raise enough.

Hmm, hit Vivocity after we were done with the shopping. First time there, and it's kinda nice. Love the Page One bookshop there. The sort of place where I can just bury my nose in books the whole day, since they have copies available for browsing. Good for poor students like me, heh. Arranged to meet Joshua there, where he was with Cecilla. The guys tried some hotdogs at some new fast food outlet there, while I got a coffee. Then Huishan needed to shop for Christmas presents for her 5 guy cousins (her mum asked her to), and she was kinda clueless in regards to what to get for them. She wanted to get puzzles for 2 of them, but didn't know what to get for the other 3. And apparently, Vivo didn't have any puzzle shops -_-" Kinda surprising for such a big place. So we went for a quick dinner first at nearby at a stall of Cecilla's aunt. Nice wanton noodles. Lightning was like striking overhead rather freely all the while, but thank God we were sheltered while eating.

PS was the next stop where we spent the rest of the evening. Joshua had to work (Jack and the Beansprout, Drama Center; nice! Go watch!) while Cecilla went to amk. To cut a long story short, Huishan managed to get the gifts, with some suggestions from the rest of us, and after walking through most of PS. Kinda tired on the train ride home. Was standing on the nel (crowded as usual), and my knees almost went from under me at one point. Sigh. Remind me not to take the nel back home, no matter the time of day.

Another week ahead. Another day arising from the dusk. Time to close this chapter of my blog and let myself to bed. Come to think of it, I AM in bed. Just not sleeping :p Typing this on my lappy while stretched out on my bed, heh. Ok, skip the rotten tomatoes yeah? Don't wanna get messy before sleeping. Oyasumi.

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, 'He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him.' " Hebrews 10:35-38

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home