Sunday, December 03, 2006

Talentime 2006

Oh well, it's finally over. Thank God for that. No more rehearsals till like february (for THE concert event of Sim, lol, just kidding. Then again, ours is like the only concert event this year in Sim :p). Can finally start preping and planning for feb's event. Thing now is to select a venue, the number of songs in total, the order of them, fund raising, whether to charge for entry, managing the performance department, rehearsal dates, the equipment we'll need (condensers, feedback monitors, snake cable), title for the concert, video recording, finding someone who can do the sound board, publicity planning (booth dates, how to attract ppl -> pull/push factors) , logistics planning (what is needed for what song item, how and when to move them). Just listing down the things to do for the concert. These are just the things I can think of for the moment. Might have more coming in as the days go by. Mindmap will help a lot, I think. Guess I'll be busy, again. Sigh. Time to do some delegating, though I'm notorious at this. And Joshua was thinking of getting in a full band with a drum set. Possible I guess. Will have to see, though it's only meant for simgc members to perform. Oh well. Li Yen mentioned about having a bidding system for the song dedication segment, after I shared about the concert with her earlier during supper after MS. Will have to consider this. Might be a nice way to raise funds.

Back to talentime. Felt that there's quite a bit of time wasted, no doubt due to technical difficulties in handling the LT's sound, as well as the number of participants. Expectations weren't matched as well, from what Joseph initially told me way before the auditions (no grand hall -> can't be helped, I know; no qualified sound people to handle the sound system; no music equipment like feedback monitors brought in). Not to mention information not being disseminated to the participants at times. Budget constraints, I know. Can share the experience. Then again, what's the $3 per entry used for? (Kath asked this as well, as she felt it didn't give her the "utility" she expected) Considering it's like a 50% hike from last year, and a 300% increase from the previous year (if memory serves me right). Alright, I should not complain so much. Just something to rant about for the moment. It's like 1.23am according to my laptop's clock, and I'm tired from the events from the past week. Church starts at 11, so I should head in to bed soon. What still puzzles me is how did Serris get 2nd in the group category, considering that we played/sang badly and the response from the audience is kinda lukewarm. And I was nervous before we got to playing. Anyway, it's over. Mr Prata's gone down our stomachs (thank you to all who came to support us, hope you enjoyed the treat), and a MS tract passed to Roger, the cab driver who drove me home that night (hope to see you in church soon). Another week passed, and one less till the exams. Really need to mug soon. Someone pull me to study, and I don't care who. Was already sweating in IBM earlier. Will need a miracle and God's grace to do everything I need to do, especially in my studies.

Buenas noches.

"But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations." Psalm 33:11

1 Comments:

At 4:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u just gotta see my blog!!!!

-Stella

 

Post a Comment

<< Home