Sunday, October 08, 2006

Let It Be




Don't worry, everything's gonna be ok. Let it be"

Paul McCartney's inspiration for the song. It came to him in a dream, where he met his mother who has passed away. My all time favourite song, actually. First liked it when I was in primary 5, though I can't say how. It's either my dad (who's a Beatles' fan), or some channel 8 drama serial that starred Edmund Chen and Chen Liping, which used it as one of the songs in the show. Growing up, I
listened to songs that are from my dad's generation, and liked them a lot. Groups like the Beatles, Bread, Simon and Garfunkel, The Bee Gees. Of course, there are other artists that I listen to, not just oldies. MJ was one of them.

Well, it's been a long time since I heard this song. Just thought about it cos it was mentioned in a conversation. Then I remembered the words of Paul, from an interview I watched on the Beatles' official website some time ago. I guess, things will turn out to be alright in the end, just have to "let it be" and let nature take its course. And of course, pray. Prayer is the key. Have to have a better prayer life.

On another note, thanks to all who celebrated my birthday this past monday. Really appreciate it, that someone remembered.

Seems like my age got cut by 5

Excos who were around.

Joshie and the monday class

Thanks also to the cell. They got me a nice sweater. Appreciate that as well. Will come in handy in lectures and exams.

On another note, Across Singapore is on hold for now, as I'm nursing a sprained ankle. Not to mention I need to get a compass and a map first, before I venture on my next hike, which will be in Mandai.

Guess I'll have to end here. Meant to be a short post. Been busy of late, trying to take care of my responsibilities, and trying to study as well. Not to mention Sean giving me some work to do (praying for a basic). Called to serve for 11am service, so have to turn in early. No RO tonight for me. Else I will never make it to church in the morning.

"Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he is faithful, for he cannot disown himself." 2 Timothy 2:13

2 Comments:

At 10:10 am, Blogger Angeline Choo said...

happy birthday to u
Happy birthday to u
happy birthday to JONATHAN!!

Happy blessed birthday to u!

 
At 8:29 pm, Blogger Jon said...

thanks angie. though it's like 2 weeks late, heh. Happy belated birthday to u, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home