Friday, August 11, 2006

Stillness, Where I Am

A long road ahead, I start
Alone with my thoughts
I walk to bury my dreams
Another step, a moment's gone
Time slows with each breath

Seeking to end this
The cycle of hurt
Where my heart sits
And longs not to dwell
A beat goes pulsing by

Memories of before shared
Frozen in the eye of mind
Treasured above all I beared
Time, I need to mine
Before all it can go

Stillness, where I am
Sunk to my knees
A tear escapes its eyes
And a prayer on my lips
Strength and peace, I desire
My heart's comfort, I wish

What joy will there be
Hold not I the future
Only faith, enclasped within
That leads and lights
A road that I take
And a journey that's great

Trust and patience, I need
A guide, mayest I seek
Strong in heart, in mind
A shepherd to lead this sheep
- 11/08/2006, © Jonathan Chia 2006

Just needed an outlet to express some inner thoughts, hence my writing of this. Something I felt earlier, which I hope it won't linger too long. Else things around me might just slide downhill. Guess it will be on my mind for a while, at least. Can't afford to dwell too much on this, for my own sake, as well as for the sake of the others who depend on me for the things I need to do. Do feel a bit better now, after writing this. Only with time, and God's guidance, can things be revealed.

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of truth" John 14:16-17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home