Monday, August 07, 2006

Psalm 61

Finally got the Miracle Service dvd from 2 weeks that I ordered only last week. Couldn't manage to just purchase it from the counter; needs to be ordered. Ordered mainly for one song that Pastor and Pacer sang together (and got stuck in my mind for 2 weeks). Testimony's not too bad as well, about a guy who got imprisoned for wayward ways and is now training to be a pastor in a Bible College. God's certainly wonderful ü

Hear my prayer O Lord
From the ends of the earth I cry
Your peace will lead me to
The Rock that is higher than I

For You have been my strength
In times of trouble
A tower above my enemies
And Lord I will abide with You forever
In the shelter of Your wings


I cried when I heard this song being played over my com, and subsequently when I ripped it out into a mp3 last night. Felt touched in a really special way. Certainly have not been touched in this way by God for a while now. Did feel it earlier in the day when I was backstage in church doing sound and Pastor Henry was conducting Communion. Felt the peace that somewhat eluded me for a while now, a pure sense of peace, and somehow I feel that everything in my life will be alright. Psalm 51:17 comes to mind, that God desires a sacrifice of a broken spirit. Can't really say that my spirit is broken at the moment. But I had my lows over the last few weeks. You know what I mean? Guess you do ü But I'm more or less ok now. Want to let God take over and lead me, especially to the peace that He has promised. Just feel like surrendering everything to Him right now, and just be still in His presence that's here with me at this moment as I blog this. With this song, and How Could I Live playing from my speakers, I felt touched by His presence. Just feel like being still for a good portion of the night and pray and give thanks and worship Him. Despite my current weary state, feel this is something I have to do now. So I guess I'll end here

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise" Psalm 51:17

1 Comments:

At 7:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah... i heard it on worship.net late one night on tv and it's my "when i need assurance" song.

shalom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home