Thursday, June 15, 2006

Same Side Of The Moon

Almost time to go sleep, but I thought I'll drop something here first before I head to dreamland.

Been a few days since I blogged here. Well, nothing much's going on lately. Been going back to the library of late, even though my exams are over. Yeah, I mentioned it before, but oh well. I kinda miss the environment. And since exams are over, will have time to pursue some of the things that I wanna do, one of which was reading. I got like, a pile of books sitting on my table waiting to be read, some of which were since last year. Hmm, hope to be able to finish them this holidays. Speaking of which, my june's kinda cut short due to reservist from next monday till the 30th. Just had a hair cut done earlier in the day. All I can say is that it's a short crop of hair on my head now. Just like back in my army days. But oh well, will be easier to take care of when I'm in camp.

More or less, have accepted Sean's offer of a job. So will be working with him come july. Out of the four original options that I had in mind at the beginning of the holiday, God effectively closed the door to 3 of them. Or rather 2½. Working at Singapore Art Cafe is still a possibility, but Jon needs someone with ideally some experience in cooking, which I'm sorely lacking in.

Been having a full moon for the last couple of nights. Though it's been raining a lot of late, but it's kinda clear at night. And hence, the full moon's out in full glow. Really love the sight of it. Kinda nice to be out basking in the light of the moon. But too bad there's hardly a place in Singapore where there's minimal lights to really enjoy the experience (forests don't count :p). As I sat on the bus to head home earlier today, saw the full moon through the window. Reminded me of a song by Corrinne May, called Same Side Of The Moon. Goes like:

I'm looking out the window
Where we sat to watch the stars
There's a chill within the air
It makes my heart long for your touch
You may be miles away
But as I kneel to pray

I see the same side of the moon
That we'll be looking on when the world turns blue
And know that time and space can't come between me and you
We share the same side of the moon
And though you'll never see all my tears shine through
I know I can't be that far from you
If we're both looking on the same side of the moon


Love this song. Talks bout 2 people seperated, but still looking at the same moon. For me, I wondered if she's looking at the moon at the same time as well. Still waiting and praying in regards to this. Want to find out more about her before I take any other steps. Don't want to push too fast or too hard, and ruin the friendship; that's the last thing I'd want. Wonder how she feels as well. Been praying lately about whether she's the one that God has intended for me in life. If she is not, then I asked for the feelings and thoughts to be taken away from me and the door to be closed off. But if she is, I prayed for patience and guidance and help in trusting God for this. That I will not be anxious or worry about this. Have not heard from the Lord yet. Guess all I can do is to meditate and pray and be patient about this. Have to examine myself as to why her, and not someone else. Some advice given are to take things easy, and to take things step by step, and don't rush into it and just take things naturally. Hope to find out more about her, through others and through the time we spend together. And pray.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will to you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home