Thursday, April 27, 2006

Muscle sprain on gouty foot

I don't know what can be worse. Gout, or muscle sprain on the same foot. Apparently, I sprained my muscle or foot yesterday, and couldn't sleep well the entire night; walking was rather haggard as well. Resulted in a very very tired Jon turning up for marketing revision class at 9am in the morning. Even coffee didn't help at all. Sigh. I must have aggravated my old ankle injury that I sustained back in my army days. Guess it's the result of too much brisk walking for the last couple of days. It's better now, after applying some gel and taking a pain killer that the doc at clementi's polyclinic provided. And she's kinda stunned when she found out I had gout -_- Cos I asked whether the pain could somehow be connected to my gout. Oh well, I have to live with it. Still rather uncommon for people my age to get this disease.

Had a reality check on sunday night, when I unconsciously hurt a friend. Not in the physical sense, but well.. She's not mad or anything, and told me not to worry about it. But somehow I felt uneasy the whole night and the next morning. Felt so cos I felt that I had hurt her over my actions, and I hate to hurt people like that, especially to those I care about. Maybe I'm too hard on myself, I don't know. But I'm certainly praying about it and that I certainly hope it'll never happen again, that I should have more faith in the people around me and not be so selfish. Broke down on the bus ride home that night. Yes, I can be rather emotional at times. If you are reading this, please don't feel guilty about this. Cos it's my own doing that caused it. Let's move beyond this, shall we? ü


Thought I'll post this up. One of my favourite songs, even though it's like 20 years old. Paul Simon's You Can Call Me Al, from the Graceland album. Won the album of the year at the 1987 Grammies. The recorder solo is currently my ringtone for my hp, heh. Nice!

" "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." " Jeremiah 29:12-14

3 Comments:

At 1:58 pm, Blogger Angeline Choo said...

is ur foot better now?

-stardust

 
At 5:09 pm, Blogger joyce said...

wat is that pic? it appear blank on my screen :)
and hope u r better :)

 
At 11:47 pm, Blogger Jon said...

joyce, it's a video. have to wait awhile to see it. :p
anyway, angie and joyce, yeah, foot's better. though it can trouble me at times. think i'm walking about too much and too fast, that's why it might be sprained. thanks for the concern ü

 

Post a Comment

<< Home