Friday, April 21, 2006

Trial by peanut: FAILED

After going through a period of trial and error with peanuts as part of my diet in this post-gout discovery season, well, let's just say my list of diet restrictions just grew by one. Now, I have to restrict my diet from soy (including soya beans), all forms of beans, red meat (including beef), nuts of all kinds, and all forms of alcohol (especially beer). "Safe" foods would be fish and chicken and pork. Vegetables are ok, I guess, not that I am particular fond of them. Salads are the only exception, heh. Maybe I should arrange for another trial, this time by "tow gay" (bean sprouts), one of my favourites. If this fails, sigh, there goes my yong tau foo including this item in it. I kind of miss eating it. No stall in school selling it, nearest would be Ngee Ann, but too busy these few days to go. Kopitiam in PS is an option. Love the stall there, and the service is nice.

Been some time since my last post. Well, been busy. Mainly with studying. Plus side is I'm nearly finished with EICT. Just feel I need to read up on normalisation and SQL and I should be done. On the minus, the days leading to the soci paper grow shorter. Time seems to fly by very fast, and I wonder why. Not prepared for the soci paper yet; currently focused on marketing. Looks like this weekend will be cramped with sociological thoughts. Did that for the last weekend as well. Now have gone back to methods to review what it's all about. Was reading Steve Taylor's revision notes at the library with Emily on sunday, while she was reading through her risk management book to prepare for her new job in early May. Rain kinda hampered our leaving when we wanted to. In the end, had dinner at Hans and spent some time talking. Been raining almost everyday now . Hope it won't rain later. Else I won't be able to go out with my guitar. Leading worship for tonight, since Kemin is still suffering from a sore throat of sorts and have not really recovered. Time to do up a list of worship leaders, now that Terence is no longer around for now. But he's coming back soon. Seems like he's coming here to support OCBC again, around mid May. Oh, he and Amanda just got together, after spending like 6 months in friendship exploration. Will be keeping you in prayer, bro, that the Lord will lead you and guide you in this relationship.

Just came back from the airport this morning (thursday morning) as well; spent the night there at BK T2 reading through my marketing notes and radical marketing case studies book. Now my bio clock's a bit off, hope it'll right itself over the weekend. Time to do some practice with the guitar for worship, then it's studying time. Marketing research beckons!

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26-27

1 Comments:

At 11:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are posting too many messages on gout... Even Google advertiser is starting to "advertise" on gout on your blog >.<

 

Post a Comment

<< Home