Monday, March 13, 2006

Gained my basic wheelchair licence

IT show 2006 just ended. And yes, it's pretty tiring. 4 days of about 11 hour workdays. 2 of which I had my lunch and dinner only after the show. 3 days of enduring my gout cos I ran out of medication. 1 day of enduring acute gout during which I almost threw in the towel halfway through the show. Time really seemed to go past so slowly yesterday. So I limped my way to SGH A&E to do something about it. Really couldn't wait till the next day to go see my family doctor, as what I originally thought of. Called a cab from suntec after work to get there, then had to wait a bit before I was assessed by the staff nurse and told to wait a bit for the doc to call me. That's when I got my experience with the wheelchair after like 14 years (when I was admitted for suspected appendicitics in TTSH). Was poked twice subsequently, first for a blood test, then given a shot in the butt with a muscle relaxant to ease the pain. Though it didn't really ease till I got home some time later and slept.

My parents came down after I called them while on the way to A&E. Sigh. Should have told them not to come down. Cos it was rather late already and they needed to wake up early to head to work. And we had to wait for quite a bit for the blood test results to come out. That's when I fiddled around with the wheelchair and more or less found out how to move around on it, something that was on my mind for like years. So yeah. That's my basic wheelchair licence. Didn't really move around much on it cos had to wait for the doctor to come back to me with the results.

Seems like I had a high level of uric acid in my blood at the moment. 573UMOL/L according to the report I received. And I will have to followup with rheumatology soon. Though my mum's not really up to the idea. But I thought why not follow up on it. Seems like it's gonna be a permanent condition. Time to restrict my diet. Guessed it's too much of anchovies over the last couple of weeks -_-" Anyone knows a berry farmer? Looks like I have to eat a lot of it, according to wikipedia.

"Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" Hebrews 1:14

1 Comments:

At 3:29 pm, Blogger joyce said...

hey, din noe ur gout so serious. take care! and yar, go for ur miracle svc. :) God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home