Saturday, January 28, 2006

Happy Lunar New Year

Finally the lunar new year comes, and I can take a breather for the next few days. Nothing to really make me burn brain cells, just relaxation and catching up with relatives and friends and get myself recharged to head back to school and hit the books (and burn more brain cells).

Mac's rice burger is kinda disappointing, after Emily and I tried it on thursday when we met up together with Colin for dinner. Felt Mos' is much better, only thing is that it's about a quarter smaller than Mac's, and it can burn a hole in my pocket and it's not satisfying. It can just be like a drop in the ocean for me. Ok, maybe not that drastic, but it certainly won't satisfy my appetite much.

Kinda tired as I write this post. Spent the whole of last night trying to tidy up my room. So far, managed to clear one side of my bed, which contained one pile of newspapers that I've been adding to for the last year. My room is like a junk yard of sorts, containing stuff accumulated over the years. I can be sentimental when it comes to my stuff, so I tend to hold on to them, and only throw them away a couple of years down the road. So when I finished, after sleeping and waking up in the afternoon to continue, I had six plastic bags choked full of papers and stuff to throw away. And this does not include the stack of newspapers. -_-" At least now, one shelf of my cupboard and my table and one side of my bed looks better. Now all that remains is the stuff under my table and my notes at the foot of my bed to take care of, for the more prominant ones, heh.

MS was kinda short and sweet today, but can still feel the presence of God nonetheless. Shed tears throughout the service as I searched myself for things that I want to commit to the Father. Still got some areas of my life that I need to improve on, especially in dealing with people who can test patience. But I'm going to trust in the Lord for this, that He'll teach me patience and how to handle relations.

Felt the Lord is telling me to put my trust and hope and faith in Him, through passages revealed to me from the Bible over the last few months. Passages like Proverbs 3:5-6, Hebrews 11:1, and Psalm 25:4-5. Psalm 23 as well, in a way. Passages that I've been reading each day, in addition to the daily chapter on Proverbs and one chapter each from the Old and New Testament. Been praying for strength also, as I've been growing tired of late. Isaiah 40:29-31 comes to mind, and certainly encouraging to me ΓΌ

In a way, felt that my feelings have increased somewhat, but I also know that I have to be patient and wait upon the Lord. "Am I ready?" is the question I have to ask myself. "Is she the one?" is another. Also, I have to think about how she feels as well. Cos it can never be just about me. But rather on how I can serve and encourage the other party to seek God more. And myself serving God during this season of singlehood. Joshua Harris is right in his point about having to realise that the person I'll marry one day doesn't need a bf; rather she needs someone who is mature enough to spend the season before marriage preparing to be a godly husband.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home