Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year to one and all!

Had a good time with the cell group earlier. Dinner at Esplanade's Ichiban Boshi was a good dining experience. Good food at reasonable prices. And Xiumin refused to accept any money from us (again!) She must have spent a small fortune treating our hungry stomachs from time and time again. Hmm, maybe all of us can do a turn and treat her to something nice, for her birthday perhaps. A questionaire to find out our individual giftings was done at the end of the dinner. Apparently, I got a gift for faith, giving, intercession, help, prophecy and teaching (Word of God). Hmm, quite surprised at some of it, especially of teaching. Don't really see myself that knowledgeable to teach another person the Word. As the Lord leads, I guess ΓΌ. Will continue to pray about these.

As the year draws to a close, thinking back to the past year, I must say it's both been good and bad, but good nonetheless. Finding a cell group, being baptised, growing in the Lord, and so on. Of course, the trials also presented themselves. But somehow, each taught me what I needed to know and I can say I grew up quite a bit (Spiritually, I mean). Coming to 2006, hope to grow more in the Lord, and that I can nurture my giftings more and make them useful to say the least. Other things to meet as well. Hope to have SIMGC grow to a new strength, and better results for my studies. Need to work harder. Just found a new place to hang out and read, which is Esplanade's library. The sofa facing the bay is nice! Good comfortable spread and a view that's breathtaking, a good combination in my book. Think I'll make it my place of choice to chill out as well as study. Not much time left before mocks in march and then exams in may/june.

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalm 23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home