Saturday, December 17, 2005

Got gout..

Ok. Currently suffering from a case of gout. Which resulted in a sleepless night last night. Think I only had a couple of hours of sleep at the most, and it's kinda jagged due to the pain that's behind my left big toe. Went to the polyclinic to see the doc after I woke up and he strongly suspects gout is what I'm suffering from, which is kinda uncommon for someone my age; usually it happens in middle-aged or elderly people. Oh well, guess I'm getting old. Work had to be skipped this week cos of my condition, which is making me limp heavily, so there's no way I can manage to stand around for 8 hours without sitting down.

The last couple of days have been ok. Managed to catch up with Colin over coffee at city hall before heading for cell. He was passing me a card for christmas, and we chatted for a while before I had to go. Arranged for dinner with the rest of the cell members, but only Emily managed to turn up, which I somehow knew about before she even came (without any indication from her). Kinda weird in a way. Cell was quite good as well, though it started really late and ended late as a consequence. Went through the gist of 1 Peter and Xiu Min asked each of us which part impacted us the most. Then out came the cake for Kemin's birthday and we celebrated her belated birthday (which was on monday). Happy birthday, sis. ΓΌ

Finally managed to get my shopping done. Bought stuff for the exco members from tecman, as well as a couple of books for myself since the bookshop in school was clearing its stock. Can't believe Eliz is so "popular" there. Sebastian and I were laughing our hearts out at the whole incident, lol. Headed over to suntec to embark on a secret mission which only a couple of people know about, haha. Nothing really, just to get something for someone's upcoming birthday. Hope she won't read this, heh. Managed to get something; Eliz's getting the other part to complete the whole thing. To cut a long story short, spent a bomb on thursday night. Time to be thrifty on my spending for the rest of the month. Tired feet also, travelling from tecman to suntec and then heading back to city hall to catch a train home with arms laden down with stuff.

"To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ's sufferings and one who also will share in the glory to be revealed: Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers - not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away" 1 Peter 5:1-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home