Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Gonna be $695 poorer on the 27th

Ok. Finally managed to get the funds for my guitar. Comex pay was in last week, so got the money I need. $695 for a semi acoustic, hard case with humidity monitor, cable, cloth, polish, strap pin, tuner. But it's gonna be worth it. Won't need to borrow a guitar for performances anymore. But will only be able to collect it on the 27th as the boss is not around to drill the holes to install the pickup for the guitar; apparently he's in china till the 23rd, and will need a couple of days after that to settle his admin matters. Can't wait to get my hands on my new baby.

Caught in the rain 3 times in all yesterday. Should have borrowed the umbrella from Emily when she offered it to me after she dropped me off at tampines central after lunch. Missed my stop after taking 518 from TP and landed somewhere behind UE square. So had to walk in the rain to TTSH. Drowned rat is an understatement to describe what I looked like. Glad to see CK feeling better. Got a shock when he told me he was admitted for a collapsed lung. Had a chat before Mich, BS, Luis, Seng and Dennis arrived. Then I had to head down to maestro before it got too late. Visited him again earlier in the morning with Jiayan. Not sure when will I have the opportunity to visit again. Those who are reading this, help me to pray. He's fine now, I guess. Just have to wait for his lung to expand back to its normal size.

The guitar room in the afternoon seems to be really empty without the people around. Only had Eliz and Xing Tian around studying when I came in after getting the mob file from maju. Still got lots of things to settle for me in this period in time. Another guy came in later on. Played around a bit with him, and shared with him the wonders of tab reading. Not bad a player. Can certainly have him for performances. I definitely need more people, so that I can get at least a couple of teams when a stage presence is needed.

Numb is the word to describe my life for the time being, I guess. Even though I know now it's the Lord's will, I still find it difficult to let go. Eventually, I'll have to. Just a matter of time before I do. Meanwhile, I'll need to work it out of my system before anything bad happens. Guess a long distance jog is in order. Have to place my trust in Him. That He'll always be my faithful comforter. My very present help in times of need, my provider and all in all. Guide my ways, O Lord, and make the paths straight.

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again. I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel" Psalm 71:20-22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home