Monday, October 03, 2005

Birthday Wishes

Hmm been a good few days since the last post. Friday's cell was good. Helped Peiwen lead in worship (still feel you should sing louder) by playing on guitar. Songs played were Here I Am To Worship and Still. Then came the sharing part that hit me. Talked about the will of God in our lives, and how to seek God's will. Whether a closed door can still be opened. Supper followed at mac as usual. Weiqiang and Peiwen followed me to just chit chat while I ate. And got nagged at again as I finished my big mac in like 5 mins, which according to Peiwen, I need to chew my food slowly, heh. Oh well. Used to eat fast, a lingering memory from NS.

Saturday's soci class was boring. Sunny Goh spent the first half of the lecture basically talking and talking about essentially nothing. And a test in 2 week's time? Sigh. Got MOB briefing then. Still trying to get the deferment done. Really have to get myself placed on the IHL list asap. Then I can concentrate on my responsibilities without having the government on my back.

Lunch followed with Elicia, Jiayan and Joyce Pan at the canteen, then a visit to the library followed to get a book for soci to go zap, and to book the discussion in the library for monday and tuesday for lunch time prayer meeting with Joyce and the others. Got like 4 hours to pass before Miracle Service starts, so decided to head to bugis to while away the time. Have not really gone there for some time now, to find people new and old to play against. Might not have time to head there in the next few weeks. Gonna be busy with the things I need to do, not to mention study. As the weeks pass, so do the exams draw closer. Have to pray for diligence in my studies.

Arrived for MS rather early, 6.10pm. That's after having dinner at the coffee shop opposite the church. No one I invited were able to come for the service, so decided to head to Tampines instead of Woodlands for church. Just sat there on the 4th row praying and watching the videos of past weeks being played on the screen. Once worship started, just felt the presence of God in the place. Couldn't stop crying then. Just wanted to let go and just enjoy the presence of God, like what Terence mentioned before, but somehow could not. Lasted quite a while though. How I hunger for such an experience again. Really feel that it's in the sanctuary in church that I can feel the presence of God the most. Oil anointing for protection against dengue followed at the end of the service. This is a rarity, as I heard the last time the church did this was during the SARS period. About 4000 lighters got anointed this night.

Sunday, a day I'll remember. Not being late for church and having to take a cab down, rather all the well wishes that came flooding in through my sms inbox. Thanks to all who sent me birthday well wishes. Really appreciate it ü Especially those who I have not contacted or seen for some time now due to my busy schedule, really surprised you all still remember. Oil anointing followed again, and Pastor preached a different message from what was on the Link, basically a repeat of the night before.

Hung around Tampines mall checking out Life bookshop for any books I might want to get. Headed down to Cornerstone's faithworks to make use of my voucher to get the books I want. Oh well, they don't have it. Every man, God's man was what I was looking for. Bumped into Joyce at the entrance. She was there with some others to pick up a book also. Total forgiveness was the title. She left soon after to head to Katong Hostel to help her friend with her essay. Bumped into Caleb also and had a chat with him before he had to go. Went back to browsing and smsed Joyce for recommendations on books covering the Holy Spirit and God's will. A friendly church member helped, and let me make use his discount card. Thanks brother. Though I kinda forgot his name. Justin-something. Me and my short term memory for names. Got the titles, "Good Morning, Holy Spirit", "You Can Hear The Voice Of God", and "The Comforter". All recommended by Joyce and other people in the shop. Looks like I'll have lots of stuff to read, heh. ü

Got a call from Felix to meet him at suntec after I left Cornerstone. Seems like he can't make it for the dinner outing since his mum's birthday is drawing near and his sis is too busy to celebrate on other days other than on sunday. Well, family's more important. Hung around suntec for quite a bit just walking about and talking. Sat at KFC while he ate his pre-dinner snack. Which consisted of a 2 piece meal. Then he popped the question of what was my birthday wish for the year. Hmm, didn't really think about it, since there wasn't any cake so far to wish over. So I wished for a deeper relationship with the Lord, to draw closer to Him, and for a deeper friendship with a certain person. Still waiting on the Lord for His will in this matter. Have to continue to focus on Him first and foremost, and cast my cares and burdens onto Him. Walked to raffles place from suntec to meet the others. Passed by the Ancient Civilisation Museum. Surprised that the exhibition on the vatican is still on, though it's gonna be till the 9th only. Hmm, think I'll go down on thursday afternoon after class. Anyone wants to come along?

Dinner was a small affair. Felix can't come, Huiling got her tuition, Sebastian got his BB, Elicia and Kelvin and Samantha got dinner appointments with family, Yuhan got his diving trip, and Joyce was still helping her friend with the essay when we left the place. Ordered stingray, kang kong, you tiao, oyster omelette, and satay. Quite a lot of food for 3 people. Neo got me a banana split in place of a cake, which they can't get. Thanks for the thought ü. Decided to talk a walk down to esplanade after the dinner, as we were all stuffed. Sat there for a while enjoying the breeze and the sights of the city. Didn't really stay till very late, about 10+ or so before we all started homeward bound. Got a call from Jinyu and chatted for a bit, catching up on old times and making plans to meet up with the others from poly around christmas. Hope can catch up with all of them then.

Getting late for me now. Blogging in the morning, and having to rush to school to get check out the discussion room for the prayer meeting. The rest will kill me if I'm late again. Jya ne!

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:13-16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home