Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sitting on a smoking bus

Been another couple of days since my last post, nothing much really happened I guess. More signups from the freshies on thursday and friday during the lunch period we camped at the student lounge. Last count from Joyce when I smsed her was 12 for monday's class, and 15 for tuesday's. Thank God we got the numbers we need to begin the class. Have to keep praying that the numbers will not fall.

Read on her blog that she wants to see more souls harvested, and I agree. Have to keep praying for a bountiful harvest. And of course, more workers to help reap it. Therefore help me, Oh Lord, to live my life according to Your Word, that I can help sow the seed and reap it when the seeds bear fruit. Have to know the Lord more, on a deeper level, have to draw closer to Him and just learn how to allow the Spirit to work in me, to just submit to His Will.

Work on saturday was boring to say the least. 8 hours of eating nothing but "eggs". Zip sales, for like the 3rd time since I started working for Epson last year. Hope later today, it won't be the same case. I need sales to boost my november salary. Realised the need for more ram for my com, as well as a 250-300gb hdd and a dvd writer. Hopefully can get them during sitex when they should be cheaper.

Sermon during Miracle Service spoke about the 2 judgements in the world. Justice demands a judgement day for the sins of the world. 1st judgement happened 2000 years ago, when Christ was crucified on the cross. And the 2nd one is coming. A time that is still unknown, but is soon. Come a day when everyone in the world will be judged according to his/her deeds. And there's still so many people who have not known of the Gospel of Christ yet in this world. It'll be so sad to see them condemned to hell just because they do not know of the Word of God. Will you be one of them? Know that through faith and belief in Christ Jesus, your sins will be washed away, and your life will begin anew. And your name will be written in the Book of Life, that you shall live forever with the Lord in a place that will bear no sorrow, no tears, no sadness, no death. Instead, there you'll find joy and peace, on a level you've yet to experience in your life. Extracts from Revelation. Will you take that step, my dear reader? If so, pray this simple prayer with me. Taken from "More than a carpenter": Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for me. I confess those things in my life that aren't pleasing to you and ask you to forgive me and cleanse me. Right now, in the best way I know how, I open the door of my heart and life and trust you as my saviour and Lord. Take over the control of my life. Change me from the inside out. Make me the type of person you created me to be. Thank you for coming into my life by faith. Amen.
Talk to a Christian friend. If you know me personally, you can talk to me also. Will be happy to share ΓΌ.

Dinner after miracle service ended followed as usual. $4.20 plate of noodle plus assortment of stuff on it a la nasi lemak, without the rice, heh. Walked to central to work off the stuffing and squeezed onto 27 outside the UOB building. But the journey turned out to be horrible. A few stops later, all the passengers on board can sell smoke. A second later, smoke appeared, and the bus driver had to make an emergency stop just outside of central. Guess the smoke got to me, cos I was choking on it. Not really sure what caused the smoke, but I suspect it could be burning circuitry from somewhere. Everyone scrambled onto the grass and pavement beside the road waiting for another 27 to come, which did a while later. Thus came along the great Bus no 27 rush to try and squeeze onboard. Remainder of bus ride was uneventiful, thank God. Actually feared the bus that caught fire might just combust into a ball of flame anytime.

It's getting late. Still want to do my quiet time, which has been lacking of late. Morning service at 9am. Want to be there early to share in worship. Missed that feeling a lot. Good night, y'all. God bless.

"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which was the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:11-15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home