Sunday, August 28, 2005

Busy, as usual

Hmm been a couple of days since I last had an entry here. Make that like 3 days, heh. Lazy days throughout, except for earlier in the day (saturday). Thursday was the usual, like the days that preceded before it. Slack the whole day, then get to school for rehearsal. This time, Elicia made it. So we went through Lover's Concerto, as well as getting her to try backing up Jiaxing on Radio and Jie Tuo. Radio went well. Same for Ni Yao De Ai, Collide, and Lover's Concerto. Couldn't do much about Jie Tuo, as Yew Yap didn't make it. Sigh. Should make this song the priority when we get down to rehearsals. Most difficult song of all. So after going through what we have, this should more or less be the final song list:

Day 1
- Collide
- You and Me
- Ni Yao De Ai
- Radio

Day 2
- Wonderwall
- Better Man OR Dan Xiao Gui OR any of the other alternatives
- Lover's Concerto
- Jie Tuo
- Virginia Moon

Encore (?): Closing Time

Alternatives
- Let It Be
- Here Without You
- When You Say Nothing At All (instrumental)
- Wherever You Will Go

So many songs, 8 practice sessions left before the performance. Still yet to decide on the 2nd item for Day 2. And Virginia Moon is gonna be tough. Very tough. This sentence comes to mind all of a sudden as I'm writing this. "Don't worry, everything's gonna be ok. Let it be." Paul's inspiration to write Let It Be, which came from a dream. Love the song, arguably my all time favourite secular song. Been in love with it for like 13 years already. Still going strong, heh. Anyway, still got some songs to work out and songs to polish through. Any one involved in the performance and reading this, you know what to do. Just want to say thanks for helping out so far. Hope I didn't drive you all too hard so far. I'm no music director, just a player like all of you.

Got a sms from Emily later in evening that she had to work OT on friday evening, so she couldn't lead and that Terence's taking over. Tried to find the songs that she picked, but only managed to find one of the two she chose, both of which are Hillsongs, and of which I'm unfamiliar with. Sigh. Need to listen to more christian cds. Or mp3s. Smsed Terence the next day in the morning to ask whether he knows the songs. Got a call from him in reply asking me to lead in worship instead. Still kinda in dreamland when the call came, heh. Guess I'm too exhausted by everything so far. Lapsed in and out of sleep the whole day. Also spent time in between downloading game videos. Been too long since I've updated myself. Of cos, also sat down with my guitar to pick out the songs for cell worship. Decided on A Pure Heart and Be Magnified after going through some songs. Packed my bags and left for Tampines after to transfer to a train to Simei. But missed my bus, sigh. So spent the time grabbing a quick bite of a cup of corn. Not really satisfying (read my previous posts regarding my appetite), so grabbed a waffle and red bull to take with me to Simei to eat while waiting for the others to arrive (which STILL didn't satisfy me, lol. It's more like a drop in the ocean). Cell meeting was ok. After worship, we shared about stuff, and the topic came to grey areas like gambling, drinking and going to pubs/clubs. For me, I feel that going to clubs are a no-no. Really feel empty after visiting a couple before in the past year. Can't seem to find the presence of God at all. Pubs, I do enjoy to an extent, mainly cos of the live music played by bands. Gambling, I quit it after coming back to Christ. Gambled before here and there when I was still in my back sliding period. Which lasted for 6 years. Drinking's not really a problem for me, I can hold to a certain extent. But I'm trying not to drink these days, unless it's some special occiasion. Hard liquor's out for me, prefer beer. Even then, there's always milk to help me over the throbbing and help me retain control :) Tried and tested before. Supper ensured after cell ended. Last opportunity to eat at the coffee shop there for a long while, so wanted to savour it. Had yong tau foo again, this time with noodles in it. Guess the carbs in the noodles made me satisfied. Still had a bit of space left, but decided not to pursue it, heh. Horrible right?

Hitched a ride to Tampines with Kemin and Weiqiang in a cab. Forgot to pay her. Must remember the next time. Same routine followed once I got home: change, get my contacts off, Quiet Time, get online. Bumped into Xinyi online around 1.50am. She didn't attend cell earlier, guess she's too tired. Chatted with her and other people online till like 4+ in the morning, before I turned in. Was thinking of visiting NYPGC's handing over ceremony. Haven't really visited for ages. Turned out I was the only alumni to turn up. Guess relations are still peachy. Hopefully with the new committee, things can work out better. Didn't really have a chance to talk to the new president. Actually wanted to ask him about the objectives he's going to set, and whether he considers alumni to be an important part of the club. Which (sadly, I feel), wasn't the case for the outgoing committee. And I thought I could help foster better relations. Guess I was wrong. I can only do so much. That's why I decided enough was enough, and concentrated more on SIMGC, and other stuff that required my attention. A lot of memories, especially for the years I spent in the club. It was time to move on.

Lunch with a friend whom I've no met in two years followed. Kinda impromptu as I didn't know that she was doing her stuff in poly till I smsed her. Chatted and did some catching up before she had to go back to work on her projects. Did chat with her on msn and sms every now and then, but meeting up was the first time in two years. Didn't recognise her, heh. Rather the opposite happened, lol. Went down to east coast to do some roller blading and to see how the others in welfare were doing. Got blisters due to a misalignment of one blade, but only discovered that when I'm already far away from the shop. Ouch. Walking's gonna be on pins and needles for the next few days. Just hope I can endure for Comex. Ching cao you, or no ching cao you, that is the question in my head now. Gonna be painful either way. Went for miracle service. Just felt something during the service. Can't put my finger onto it. Can it be that I'm getting deeper in the Lord? I'm not sure, but I hope so. Trying to stay focused on Him these days, to know more of Him and His ways and applying them in my daily life. Not really easy, but I'm trying ΓΌ. Still praying for receiving of tongues. Hope I can receive that gift soon.

"Therefore prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed." 1 Peter 1:13

1 Comments:

At 12:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not get ur CG members to pray for u to be baptise in the Holy Spirit. That be stronger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home