Saturday, August 20, 2005

Refreshing Night

Cell was wonderful. Worship included a chinese song, which incidently was included in Shawn's wedding programme when he got married. Wow. Really wonderful session led by Aloy, who's going back to the states on tuesday. Now that I'm no longer queueing up for the primary school, will be able to send him off ü. Anyone wants to come also? Flight's about 11am if I'm not wrong. Will have to check with him soon.

Broached on accountability last night during the meeting. The general acceptance is that you are answerable to a person for your actions/things you say. Think it's a good idea to be accountable to someone regarding some things in your life. The person depends on you, but your parents must be one of them, Shawn said, which I feel it's right also. Not really that close to my parents, as I'm usually back only quite late, and they'd have left by the time I get up. Except on weekends, when I can see my dad more. Still trying to build up the relationship with them. Won't be easy, but will pray about it. And one thing about the person to be accountable to is that they have to be godly men/women, preferably also that they are older, and of the same gender. These are recommendations, so don't think you have to follow so strictly. I'll leave that to you :Þ. I for one intend to, so that I won't commit the same mistakes I did.

Supper followed, as usual. Andy and I were the hungry ones, lol. As usual. My metabolism's picking up these days, don't know why. Same for the bulge in my stomach. Need to exercise more again. Anyone want to join in? Had a $4 bowl of yong tau foo, one plain and one egg prata, iced milo and one sarsi. Which had PW who was sitting beside me exclaiming that it's a lot, considering I had chicken rice for dinner before I came for cell, and I felt very hungry after it ended. To the point it turned to gastrics. Ouch. Should have started out with milo instead of the sarsi. But thank God my stomach settled after the milo. Felt very stuffed, so walked back to tampines from the coffee shop with WQ and PW. Sent PW back to her place, as it's along the way to tampines. Full moon shining, as it's the 15th in the chinese lunar calendar. Not bad, really nice. And to think the 2 of them are joking about it. Heh. Got into a cab once at tampines, as I was thinking the last bus's gone. Then I got a call from WQ that he saw my bus while walking to his place after we parted. -_-" Guess I have to be more patient.

Anyway, work beckons. A full day awaits! Church after work. Anyone want to come? Sms me if you do. Gonna be a message about this islamic professor who turned to Christ. Promises to be an interesting message.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lack wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:2-5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home