Friday, August 19, 2005

Chance to catch my breath

Right. Finally have a chance to catch my breath and get a bit of a rest. Data entry ended yesterday after 14 hours of keying the data for lots of properties, a lot of which require a monthly rental of $10k and above. Sheesh, expats really make a lot here. Districts 9, 10, 11 and such are a common feature among the entries. Can't imagine myself earning that much to support such a rent.

Anyway, managed to send Joyce off at the airport yesterday. Which meant a early morning get-up at 0520 and leaving the house at 6 to get on the bus to the airport. Didn't really know how tired I looked till Joyce mentioned she's feeling quite guilty that I was there to send her off, and that I should go home and rest. Heh, oh well. 3 hours of sleep can contribute to that. Saw some of her other church friends as well who came to send the team off. Haven't really seen some of them for the better part of a year, after I stopped visiting Cornerstone and went back to Lighthouse. After the team checked in, breakfast at mac followed. Somehow, it changed to become a 24 hours place. Which wasn't the case when I last camped at the airport to mug for exams. Still would prefer BK though :Þ. Samantha came around this time. All I can say is she looked as though she just got out of bed. Literally. Lol. Think she's gonna kill me if she reads this... Sent them off after a word of prayer. Will keep them in my prayers for the time they are there.

Work was a very groggy feeling. Struggled to keep awake. Red bull blue power from TTSH's 7-11 helped a lot. That and coffee later while working. Still can't believe I added a pack of creamer to hot water. Heh, thought that was a pack of instant coffee. I was asking myself, since when was coffee white in colour. Oh well, added the coffee to it. Then I forgot about the sugar... Sheesh. Corrected that and went back to work. Managed to finish almost everything by 3+. But can't do anything else, as it was time to go. My boss leaves around 3 everyday, that's why. Left out some mistake I had to commit on the first day due to a technical complication, and the photos for the properties, which were not ready yet. Due to the upgrading of the server that was to be done today, I had to end my work there and then. Can't carry on as there's no guarantee that the entries will be saved correctly.

The journey to school followed. Hung out in the student lounge's cold room for a bit before meeting Yew Yap for dinner. Joined Jiaxing in the room afterwards. Had a fun time working out the songs. Decided to try adding Jie Tuo to the song list as a closing song for Day 2. She should be able to handle the vocals. Which leaves the playing to be worked out. 6½ more songs to go through, 1 still unknown, and 4 weeks more to the performance. Praying for a miracle to happen and that everything will fall into place. Now considering whether should I just play the instrumental with Freya for Day 1 closing, as I'm worried about the time left. If so, that takes one song off, and everything will be confirmed. If so, maybe the list can be like this:







Day 1

  • Collide

  • You and Me

  • Angels

  • When You Say Nothing At All (instrumental)


Day 2

  • Don't Look Back In Anger

  • Lover's Concerto

  • Ni Yao De Ai

  • Jie Tuo




Will have to ask the others what they think. Will have to pray about it. What I need now are good songs that are easy to play and sing. Oh well..

Chatted with Jiaxing on the way home. Kinda tired, so took the train with her. Seems like she's busy with YEN also. A lot of stuff on their end. Parted at the train station and I headed to the pasar malam to get my favourite ramly burger. Still don't know why it can taste much better than those in fast food joints. Watched L'arc-en-ciel's SMILE tour dvd once home and promptly got visited by the Z monster. On my couch. With jrock music playing (softly) in the background. Heh.. In the end, my parents woke me up before they headed to work and went back to my room to crash.

One thing I don't really like about the dvd was it didn't really capture the feeling of the band that was there before. Seems to have lost a bit of their appeal somehow. Same can be said of their concert in the states. Grand Cross Conclusion video still seem to be better. Oh well. Still like their music, especially when I need something upbeat and fast to listen to.

Hmm seems to be a long entry this time around. Too many things happened between the last time I blogged and now, I guess. Heh. Have to start preping for cell group soon. Still waiting for Mary to give me my assignment for the weekend. Hope she's not forgotten about it like the last weekend.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home