Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A long day (exhaustion creeps in)

Woke up early yesterday to head to the airport. But instead of waking up at 7.45am as what I intended, I only managed to wake an hour later. Sheesh. Hustled and bustled and got out the house at 9.10am. Which was just about right to send Aloy off, since his flight was about 11.25am. Bumped into Weiqiang on the bus. We were like smsing each other: he saying that he'll be late and just got on 27, while I mentioned that the bus just got onto the PIE towards the airport. That's when he poked me in the back. Lol. Imagine that. I was too absorbed in my reading, and he didn't notice me. Managed to finish More Than A Carpenter. Nixon, if you are reading this, go pick up that book. Very good read.

Anyway, we discovered that we didn't have Aloy's number when we got to the airport. Walked about the rows trying to find him. Called Xiuming to ask her for it, but she's too busy I guess; she didn't pick up. Then called Terence. Managed to get the number and call him. Met, and chatted about stuff and his flight. WQ's ever the aviation buff, talking about the flight path, down to which economy seats are the best! Haha. He should set up his own travel agency one day. Think he'll make a tidy sum. Parted with Aloy there and then. Wished his stay could have been a bit longer and can know more of him, since I came into the cell when he wasn't around and don't know him that well at all. Breakfast with WQ at BK followed. After which, he proceeded to NUS while I decided to go catch a movie.

Cineleisure. In some ways, my favourite movie hunt. Love the 24 hour screenings. The sound system. The seats. The free listings. Had to pick between Valiant, Must Love Dogs, and Wedding Crashers. Picked Must Love Dogs as it's a time slot that's pretty close to the current time. Can't say it's a good romantic comedy, seen better ones. Love those by Studio Canel/Working Title. Examples include Notting Hill, Love Actually, Wimbledon. But it also got me thinking of my past, well, experiences. On a whole lot. Still thinking about it everyday, but on a lesser note these days. But after watching the movie the thoughts hit me like a runaway train; all the things that I wanted to get out of my head before came surging back. Decided that I need a quiet place to think and write or read. And pray. Took to Libray@Orchard to clear my thoughts. Picked up some X-Men novels to read. The resurgent thoughts were still bombarding me then. But they died down as I started reading. And praying at intervals. Thank God. Morale of the story: I'm still too raw to watch romantic comedies. Especially emotional ones. Need more time to pull myself back together to the way it was before. And need to focus more on the Lord for everything, trust that He'll provide for all my needs, including my emotional ones. Can't say I'm ready now for a new emotional experience, but will follow where the Lord leads. What I think may not be what He thinks.

Headed to school for dinner and rehearsal around 5.15pm or so. 2 quick bus rides later, and I'm back within familiar surroundings. And the smelly canteen, lol. Good thing I dumped my stuff into the guitar cupboard before going down for dinner. Else my new bag would be smelling. Yucks.

Rehearsal was ok.Yong'an was late again. About 9 or so. Oh well. At least we managed to go through an early version of Radio. Jie Tuo needs more work. It's like an uncut diamond right now, the way we are playing it. Ni Yao De Ai sounds ok. Needs further refinement next week. Still yet to work on Collide and Lover's Concerto with Elicia. That's to be on thursday. Hope we can go through all the songs at least once then. Still got one more song to finalise. Can't seem to decide between Better Man, Dan Xiao Gui, or Closing Time. Sigh. Need Sean to come down and help. Seems a bit lost without his input.

Ended earlier than the previous night, but still dead tired. Was already half asleep during the later half of the rehearsal. When they were talking about the chords in the score for Wonderwall, I'm already like, huh? Sheesh. Need more sleep, note to self. Yap and Yong'an managed to work it out for me. Thanks guys. Ended the session and we all headed home. Except Yong'an went to eat. Train ride for me again. Tried to sleep, but just too uncomfortable a ride to sleep, lol. Went to the 7-11 with Jiaxing to grab a bit of food, since she mentioned she's hungry. Bee Hoon soup if I remember, that she bought. I bought some milo and headed to the pasar malam to scout out whether the ramly burger stall is still open for hungry people like me, while she headed home. Just on time to grab the last beef ramly before it closed. Yum. Did my QT after, and fell asleep after reading the Word and closing my bible. That's how my mum found me later on and turned off my lights. Really wanted to turn on my com and check my mails or blog. But if I did, think I wouldn't be blogging now and would be seriously lying on a bed in hospital. So just crashed there and then. Woke up at 8+ earlier, but still feeling weary. Now too, at 1+ in the afternoon when I'm compiling my thoughts into the blog. Guess I'll need to take cat naps thoughout the day later. CF beckons later in the evening, and I'm comtemplating whether should I go down earlier to work on the songs for the performance alone. Now it's lunch time. My mum's asking me to buy back for her, since she got washing to do. Just as well. I'm hungry, heh.

"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalms 94:18-19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home