Friday, September 02, 2005

The Long and Winding Road...

Been a really long and winding road since I've enrolled in SIM last year. Learned so much from life there and from the people around me. Especially those who helped me get back to Christ. Really a big thank you for all the encouragement that you've all given me. Learned so much more in the last year about Christ than in all the years I've been in church before. Was never serious then about church-going. Changed my whole life. Not always a straight road, sometimes meandering, sometimes plunging, but a good road all the same. Have to focus on Him who guides my path, lights my way and picks me up when I fall. God is ever faithful and forgiving.

Results just got released. Managed to pass Econs with a 38, but Soci and IBM took a beating with 30 and 18 respectively. Sigh. And I thought I would pass Soci cos I managed to spot one 30 mark question. Guess I didn't write well enough. Have to start studying from next week onwards.

Comex has been ok so far. Sales were kinda sluggish during the first day, and picked up more than three times on the 2nd. The price? Me losing my voice. Need to embark on a honey and strepsils diet very soon. Not to mention a no-no to spicy stuff. Just hope to push more sales. Need it to pay back the debt I owe my dad. Been a few months already since I borrowed from him for my vietnam trip. Not too good to owe for too long. Plus the guitar I need. 500+ semi acoustic guitar after discount. Contemplating a new hp and a dslr camera also. Driving lessons to throw in as well. Looks like I'll have to tighten my belt from now onwards. Can't afford to really spend on unnecessary stuff from now on (comics and manga not included). Bye bye impulse buying. Hello piggy bank.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

4 Comments:

At 1:44 am, Blogger Xinyi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:49 am, Blogger Xinyi said...

Hey jon, I just wanna encourage u. Dont worry too much abt it.... do your best and God will do the rest ok?

 
At 9:16 am, Blogger Jon said...

yep. thanks ΓΌ. just have to study harder that's all. set my priorities rite for the next coming year.

 
At 3:16 pm, Blogger mikage said...

Jon dun be discourage ok...still got next sem to work hard...^_^ I'm also trying to save more money too but always end up having to buy many things...let's work hard together!! ganbatte!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home