Sunday, September 18, 2005

Jon, Dissected

Thought I'll leave a quick post before heading to the showers and getting ready for work. Been a good few days since my last post. Performance went well, I think, thought there were some issues to be addressed, punctuality for one. People will always be late, I learned from this experience. Guess I'll have to factor in allowances for lateness in future performances. Think the songs were well received also, just that technical factors were in the way again. Guitars were plugged into the mixer on the first day, and weren't on the second due to SIM hiring an external company to do the sound and the soundman can't get the connection right, so we had to resort to amps. Problems problems problems. Guess Sean was right after the PA performance when he told me that no matter how hard I prepare for a performance, there's bound to be issues arising along the way. Oh well, should have focused more on having fun playing on stage instead.

Had a discussion with Joyce about faith on Thursday in the afternoon before I went to meet up with the rest of my team for the dry run. She mentioned that Christianity should be focusing on the people, that Christ's ministry while He was on earth was on the people, for the people. Gave me some food for thought to reflect during prayer.

Cell group was good, especially worship. Unexpectedly we had double guitars playing for worship, me and Terence playing. Cos I had to bring back Frances guitar from school to return to her on Saturday morning, and Terence was to lead in worship. He introduced a new worship song, called Refuge, written by City Harvest, which he heard during his church camp in Malaysia over the last weekend. Really touched by the song. Have to get it from him later ΓΌ

Supper followed, as usual at Tampines Mac with Kemin and Peiwen. Upsized big mac meal for me compared to their fries and small coke light. Talk turned to the state of my metabolism, with the 2 gals trying to "dissect" me to find out why I have such high level of metabolism. Theories thrown included parasites in me feeding on the food I was eating -_-" and my muscles burning off the food in my states of rest, or something like that. Sheesh, I'm becoming a science subject, something to be studied. Lol.

Sales at Global were very very good. Let's just say it's a record for me on a normal weekend, even more than when I was at Skylet the first time. Let's hope sales later will be as good. Gotta run. Running late.

"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures." Proverbs 24:3-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home