Saturday, September 10, 2005

Down with a throat infection

Meeting on wednesday went well. Almost got to school too late to get the discussion room I booked the day before. Managed to discuss the things we needed to discuss and set another appointment with Dennis, the producer of E-mage and Joleen for Friday afternoon. After which Joyce, Eliz and I went for lunch at the canteen and sat there talking till like 4+ in the afternoon. Headed to town to meet up with Kui Shin to do a bit of photography. Too bad I didn't have a better camera; memorial park is a good place to take shots. Greenery against the urban jungle.

Finally went to see a doc yesterday (thursday). Gave me a prescription for throat infection. Then while I was waiting to collect the medication, I heard my name being called. An attendent asked me to go back and see the doc again after my medicine is ready. Apparently, the doc realised my throat is very red and added antibiotics to my 'cocktail' of medication. Which included lozenges for my sore throat, running nose medication, cough syrup, and panadol. So far so good. No rashes so far, which is a good sign. Already allergic to Penicillin and Metronibazole, which were prescribed by my dentist years back. Headed to school for the rehearsal and dinner. Jason couldn't make it cos he had to take care of his mum who's sick. Which left Yew Yap, Yong'an and I to go through things. Managed to go through Collide with Yong'an. Seems to have improved over the last time we tried it, but he's still getting the last line of the chorus wrong in terms of timing. Will have to see how monday goes. He played Virginia Moon as well. Didn't include it in the line-up, but told him to go ahead with it on the 2nd day if he feels confident with it. Closing time sounds good as well. Just needs more work. How I wish I got my semi-acoustic already. So I don't have to worry about looking around for one to borrow for the performance. Faced the same problem during the PA performance in July. Sigh. Have to pray about it. That someone will be kind enough to lend me his/hers for just 3 days.

Friday. Wanted to go for the IBM lecture in the morning, but woke up late. Not surprising. Still have not gotten into the study mood yet. A few days more to school term, and I'm still slacking. Have to cut it and focus on my schoolwork and stick to what I've planned: study every weekday in school with Neo/others. 5 qualitative subjects coming up, 8 solid months of school almost without a break (except for christmas and cny). Then exams will come again. Must do better and NOT slack. Need wisdom to learn and understand what I'll be studying. Will have to depend on the Lord to provide me with the wisdom I need. James 1:5 comes to mind. Same goes for what Joyce mentioned to me the other day. Fill me with wisdom, Oh Lord.

Met up with the rest of the guitar exco and headed to E-mage's place in Tanjong Pagar to discuss things over with Dennis. He proposed a guitar worshop instead of lessons for the beginners to get an appreciation of what guitar is all about, and from there we can gather lesson signups. They'll be coming to perform in Sim on the 13th in the afternoon, so it'll be a good chance to take a look at how good the instructor is. PS for lunch at a japanese restaurant (can't remember name, sushi's not really great, though gyoza's ok) followed by shopping at Bras Basah for materials for decorating the booth on wednesday. Checked out printing charges for name cards and t-shirts as well. Had to rush it as we needed it in time for the recruitment on Thursday and Friday. Check out namecardonline.com. 100 single-sided cards in full colour for $8.80, delivery charges of 4 bucks. Kinda cheap compared with the rates we found at Bras Basah, which ranged from $18 onwards. -_-"

Cell followed at 8.30pm. Jonathan Lau led in worship. He's getting better in his playing though he needs more practice changing chords, a la blindfolded. Heh, that's how I trained myself when I was in my younger playing days. Ok, more like closed my eyes and practiced changing chords. Haha. Need to jam with him and Terence and the others in the cell who can play guitar one day, using church as the venue. See how each of us play and how we can complement each other's playing. It should be fun ü. Supper as usual, Peiwen and Weiqiang and I went to mac at tampines. Needed something to fill my stomach cos I had to take my medication. Somehow, Weiqiang heard sleeping pill when I said student's meal as I was taking orders before heading to the counter. Along with some other words which were mixed up. Though Peiwen had no trouble hearing what I said. Guess he's tired. Wasn't really satisfied after downing a big mac. Me and my bottomless pit of a stomach, lol. In the end, stuffed it with fries and it quieted for a while. Me and Peiwen went to get 3 cups of water, which Wei Qiang commented it looked yellowish, and I tried and it tasted weird. Yucks. I'm not gonna get their cold water again.

Getting late, better go rest. Gonna work at Challenger again this weekend. Hope to do better than my last assignment there 2 weeks back. Need a fat paycheck to get my guitar ü. And pay back my dad and hopefully have some left to survive on. Have to set aside some cash to save, something to fall back on in times of need. Gonna be a few hard and trying months. Stomach's getting hungry again...

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, and the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home