Thursday, September 22, 2005

Things are starting to pile

Been a few days since my last post. Been really busy, that's why I couldn't really post earlier. Club matters mostly, but also started on my school work. Yes, you heard right. Me starting on my revision and reading on the 2nd week of the school term. Can't afford to make the same mistakes as last year, when I started way way too late. And I got 5 modules, all of a qualitative nature, so I have to start early so I can digest them fully by the time mocks come around. 8 solid months non-stop of studying and school. Pray for me, will ya? For strength to last this period of time, wisdom to understand what I'm studying and to manage my time properly.

Went with Peiwen to get her printer from Sim Lim on monday, since she can't make it on the other days that she originally proposed. Epson C65, since she's on a budget. Bargained for her since I know the people there. After all, I brought them lots of sales over the last weekend, heh. 2 bucks off was all I got, but can't really help much cos she's using a credit card to make the payment, which incurs additional charges on the shop's side. Btw, anyone need a printer, look for me k? :Þ

Prayer meeting during lunch time on tuesday came and went. Prayed for the school, for all the Lord has done for us so far, and for a new vision/direction for this coming year. Can't really do much by our own strength, so have to rely on the Lord for the strength we need. Guitar workshop followed later on in the afternoon. Got some spare time in between so decided to study my isdm reading material. Printed on small fonts, so in the end my eyes got tired and I had to rest them. Decided instead to work on my IBM assignment due friday. Sheesh, still have to type it out. Handwriting's messy, and I don't think Nageb can read or understand my scribbling, lol. Hope I did ok for it.

Initially wanted to crash soci lecture in the morning, but being a sleepy person of late, I couldn't get up till like 9. Decided to get ready and head to school, since I got stuff to print. Lunch alone followed, then got a call from Elicia telling me to meet her in the atrium. Apparently, Joyce told her that I was eyeing miniature guitars by one of the stalls at the bazaar. Wanted to get one as a birthday gift to myself, since it's coming, but Elicia had other ideas. Thanks ü. Didn't imply that I wanted someone to get it for me when I mentioned about getting it during lunch with Joyce, Eliz and Sebastian at Megabites on tuesday after the prayer meeting. Talked about other things like the Standard Chartered esaver account thingy at the bazaar also. 1.88% p.a till end of december, 1.28% p.a after. Signed up for one, as I think it'll help me against spending too much; can just transfer some money to save into this account and let it stay there. Not having an atm card will help, heh. Grabbed a couple of soft toys to add to my bookshelf collection also. 50 cents for one small bear and $4.50 for a small dog at the stall run by src welfare people. Hard to bargain with mingli to get a discount. In the end, she gave me 50 cents off the dog. Oh well, better than nothing.

ISDM lecture coming up at 9am, followed by another visit to Maestro with some freshies, and I'm still writing here at 1.27am in the morning. Time to sleep. Sweet dreams, y'all! God bless! ü

"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbour bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such 'wisdom' does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness." James 3:13-18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home