Thursday, October 06, 2005

Planning planning planning

Hmm seems like I'm involved in a lot of planning of late, mainly for guitar. Chalet's coming up, and I have to plan the timetable as well as prepare the proposal to submit to admin for approval. Approval's more or less settled, just a question of the budget for the event, which wasn't included in the proposal.

It's gonna be a long 3 weeks before the chalet starts. Finally a chance for me to stretch my legs and get some r&r for a few days without anything to bother me (hopefully, lol).

Monday was a rushed affair to get down to school in time for the prayer meeting. And, Joyce told me to inform the others regarding the prayer meeting, but I didn't really catch that line in her sms, so which resulted in only Eliz and her coming for the prayer. Guitar lesson went smoothly again, though one of the guys quit. Joyce gathered that he was bored, since it was aimed at the beginners and he is one who can play. Felt he should have hung on, cos Joshua should be covering more exciting areas in the 2nd month. Dinner with Eliz and YEN people at clementi central followed. 2 rounds of meals for me, which kinda raised lots of eye brows for most of the people there, heh. Seems they don't know how hungry I can be. Have to start dieting and get my metabolism to slow down, and deflate my stomach. One comment from Joyce about my stomach getting bigger has already surfaced :Þ

Tuesday was a virtual repeat of monday's, though this time I informed the rest about the prayer meeting and all except Samantha managed to turn up. Sebastian got on new contacts, which was affecting him very badly. Seems like he's not used to it. He got me a book as a birthday gift as well, Every Man, God's Man, which was what I almost bought on sunday, heh. Thanks bro ü. Dinner in school, and a bit of shopping at clementi central followed, before we started homeward bound. (nice song btw. Simon and Garfunkel, an oldie ü)

Lunch with Joyce and her fellow cell member, Jacqueline (correct spelling?) on wednesday followed. Apparently, Joyce forgot about her hp and left it at home and almost couldn't find her till she called Finna to get the number. Guess we all are too dependent on our hp's phone book to help us remember numbers. Imagine losing it *shudder* Too many contacts stored up inside, too valuable to lose. Did keep a physical phone book at home in case this does happen, but it's not updated for ages. Lots of contacts over the past year were added. And I can only remember, like my dad's number, as well as a few friends'. Really think I should work on that name contact program I've been thinking about for the last few years, just too lazy to go about with it :Þ

Talk on the end times at Wesley Methodist Church behind YMCA went on in the evening. Running joke about meeting to eat at YMCA's mac and finding that it's gone was aimed at Winston, lol. Supposed to eat at mac and in the end, we grabbed our dinner at Long John Silver's at the mcdonald house branch. Talk was good, reinforced some points. But there was some use of unfamiliar terms which got me confused. Maybe could be due to the fact that the pace of the talk was a bit fast. Will have to review the recording later on.

A visit to the Ancient Civilisation Museum in the afternoon earlier today came about, mainly to view the exhibit on the vatican collections. Rather interesting, I would say. Lots of information about Christianity and Catholism, mostly of the latter though. Some of it, I already know. But it never harms to revisit information from time to time. Contains lots of relics from the past, as well as paintings from a few centuries ago. Never really liked art (I suck at it, heh), but I can appreaciate some of it at least.

Finally managed to find Shariah and get my letter from her. Can only pray now that the email will be received soon and I can get my deferment. Else I'll have to think of drastic measures. Maybe showing my timetable to the officer in charge will help, as suggested by Daniel. Just praying that it won't have to come to that.

Looks like another long blog. Guess I'll have to blog more often then. Time to get back to planning, and studying. Draft plan's up already, just needs refinement. And guess I'll turn in early later. Else I'll face another scolding. Take care, y'all. God bless ü

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline" Proverbs 1:7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home