Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Burdened and buried

Been a packed few days. Could hardly find time to catch some breath in the last couple of days, as smses and phone calls and emails pour in, esp last night. No, I'm not Mr. Popular. It's just that I'm more or less handling the coordination of the performance on the 15th. Good news is that it's been approved and confirmed, so it's showtime! A 500 seater LT waits to be filled (praying for half full, if not full house). Bad news is practices are still not as well as what I hoped for, as evident by today's practice. Sigh. 3 weeks more, and we are still not good enough, I guess. Still a big ? over the choice of a chinese song, with several options to pick, and all of which have not looked through thoroughly yet, mainly cos of chord placement errors on the sheets. Can always go back to Ni Yao De Ai, though I don't think Jiaxing would be too happy about it; seems like she's sick of this song after the last performance -_-" Sigh. What can I do but just pray and hope for the best?

Publicity started today, with the giving out of the red packets. Kudos to Seb for the idea of putting the flyers into them and giving them out before chinese new year. Seems like we used up more than the allocated amount for the day -_-""" Good thing I asked Elicia to get some and pass to me in the afternoon. Now I just have to print out more flyers and cut in the morning and insert into the red packets. Just hope I can handle the coordination of the booth manning as well. Might have to ask someone to help me with it. I have way too much to handle on my hands for the next few days.

Another busy day ahead. After the booth manning and a quick lunch, it's time to head to AMK to get the flower materials that we'll need to make the door gifts. Seb even suggested selling them if we can make enough for valentine's day, after allocating for the door gifts. Which means I'll have to buy a lot. Hope the budget is enough to cover. Cuppage will be my next stop, to scout for a japanese restaurant. Emily suggested last sunday during lunch that we go there for dinner as a cell before Terence flies back home permanently. Yeah, he's set to leave in February. My jaw literally dropped when he shared it over dinner before cell last week. He did share with me before, but just didn't expect the early date. Gonna miss him a lot; he's my shepherd after all. With Xiumin set to leave also, the future of the cell is a ? Most probably, we'll be integrated into an adult cell, which is gonna be a very big group once combined. Certainly don't wish to think about it at the moment.

Gonna pray for strength to last through the day. After Cuppage will be the mac next to Bras Basah, to mug for my IBM assignment for the rest of the afternoon, and meet Emily and Colin there for dinner. Emily wanted to try the rice burger last sunday, but didn't really have a chance to, so I thought, why not? I'm thinking of trying it as well, to compare it to Mos'. Hope it's bigger and better.

Weiqiang just sent out an email asking for a prayer request. Apparently, his sister got an eye infection, that's causing the eyeball to swell a lot. For those who know him, do keep him and his sister in prayer.

Trusting in the Lord for everything. A lot of things on my mind that I have to commit into His hands. Revisions is one, emotions is another. Not to mention the performance, and the days leading up to it. Had another long talk with Terence a couple of nights back regarding my list. Some sharing from both of us (mostly him) during the hour plus on the phone. Told me not to be too focused on one thing, basically. To look around me and focus on those things as well, not to mention on God. Guess he's right. Need to get my priorities down pat and endure for the next few months leading up to exams. Can't do much else but pray for guidance and wisdom and for Him to show me my path, and for His timing in everything. Need to have faith and patience.

"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home