Saturday, March 04, 2006

Having exam fever

Been a while since I felt like this. Having the stress of trying to mug as much as possible through the days. So far, not too successful at trying to get everything into my head. So far, a week have passed since I slipped into mugging mode, yet only produced like 1½ topics worth of IBM and a few topics of section a for soci. And soci mock's on monday -_-" Guess I'll give it my all then. Hope to be able to finish going through some background reading of section b, particularly of Marx, Weber and Durkheim, before monday.

Thoughts again have surfaced about my job prospects. Had it since last year after the last product briefing. Sigh. Definitely, there are pros and cons about it. But so far, I see more pros than cons. Pros include more time for church and not having to worry about leaving service halfway through and not stepping on other people's toes to get out of my seat, not having to worry about being late, finally having time to serve in ministry, more time to study and do my own things on weekends.

Cons include loss of income, especially when exhibition time comes (4 figure paycheck in 4 days was the outcome of the last show), and having to depend on my parents for survival until I can find another job that I can freelance in. So if anyone got any recommendations, please feel free to suggest. No tuition though, I don't think I'll ever be a good academic teacher/tutor. Guitar teacher on the other hand... Hmm. Yeah, so have to calculate the opportunity cost of the whole thing. What's the formula again? Kinda dumped it back to my econs lecturer after last year's exam :Þ

Been doing a bit of reading into personality tests recently. According to the Jung Typology test, I'm a ISFJ. Which doesn't seem to surprise Wayne when I mentioned it in cell last week, mainly cos of the SF factor. Oh well. Seems to be quite accurate, I guess. Links can be found here: ISFJ Profile and The Protrait of the Protector Guardian. The links were displayed after doing the test. So everyone's should be different, unless you happen to have the same personality as me :Þ

Finally managed to get the photos from the concert. And boy, it's a LOT. I got like 604 files totalling 800+mb worth of photos and a couple of vids. Had to spend like 15 mins copying into the computer in the library, then 30 mins to burn 2 cds. I was like, tearing my hair out waiting for the slow com and slow burner to finish burning. And the sad thing was my notes weren't with me at that time, and I didn't want to leave the terminal in case someone just plopped into the empty chair and meddle with the burn process. Ok, I admit it. I'm a worry wort. That's why I get tense easily and worry non-stop about things in my life (and form theories in my head about what could have happened when waiting for things/people). Though a lot of people have told me to relax, just find it hard to do so. Especially since I can rely on God's peace in my life. But somehow I still worry a lot. Currently having 4 "arrows" that I'm worrying about. Don't wish to mention it here, I guess. Have to pray about it and let God handle it.

"For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth." Psalm 71:5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home