Monday, February 20, 2006

Gout, take 2.5

Got hit by gout again over the weekend, causing "sleepless in compassvale walk", episode 2 (episode 1 was in december) on sunday morning. Was woken up in the worst possible way at about 5-6am in the morning, and basically lied down in bed till about 9 enduring it and praying for the pain to be gone. Took some medication after breakfast for a bit of relief before heading to church, where I was quite dazed throughout the sermon cos of the pain in my foot. Managed to copy down notes but not sure whether I got down everything or not. Thinking of getting the cd for it to run through the message again. Pastor was talking about the church of Smyrna, which is my "adopted" church in the cell, heh. So thought I'll follow up on it.

Lunch with Emily followed and chatted with her after the meal. Wayne somehow disappeared after the service. Apparently, it's a habit of his to do so and go for speedlight, after asking him about it on msn yesterday. Most of us already know, I think. Oh well, no harm done. Now I know what can be expected after the 11am service on sundays ü

Celebrated Emily's birthday on friday as a cell. Got her a book called "Powerful Promises For Every Woman", by Elizabeth George, after the staff at Tecman recommended it. It draws 12 promises from Psalm 23, and after browsing through it, thought it'll be a nice book to get. Initially wanted to find something related to the joy of the Lord, but couldn't really find much on the subject after looking around the place for a couple of hours. Anyway, Em, if you are reading this, hope you like the book ü

Went to see my family doctor in Ang Mo Kio today, whom I've consulted since young, for my gout. Did a blood test to check the uric acid levels in my blood and gave me a new medication to take, which so far, is promising. Pain's going down and I can walk without too much pain. To those who are keeping me in prayer, a big thank you! Will continue to trust in the Lord and pray for a complete healing.

Been taking some photos of the city from the esplanade library during breaks while studying there. Uploading to my gallery, link's on the right in the navigation menu. Granted, there's a lot of noise in the pictures. Not sure how come also. Will try and play around and see.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to the God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6-7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home