Saturday, March 25, 2006

Mentally tiring week

Spent the whole week trying to find out more about ISDM. Admittedly, I'm lost over this subject. Just trying to figure out how to apply the knowledge from all the articles onto the questions in the exam. Looking through some of the past assignments kindly copied from friends, it seems to be not too difficult. But it requires a lot of reading into it. I'm only halfway through the textbook. Am hoping I can finish it by sunday or monday at the latest. So that I can move on to other subjects. Am trying to allocate one subject per week schedule, like what Joyce suggested. Praying hard it'll work. Do keep me in prayer if you are reading this.

March seems to pass by rather quickly. One more week and it'll be the end of the month. And another week closer to the exams. Almost 7 more weeks to the soci paper (and the rest of the exams). And Mrs Gosling's class is on monday. Steve Taylor's a few more days after that. Hopefully I can get my soci down pat by then.

Gout gave a minor resurgence on monday as I was walking on the overhead bridge to the bus stop opposite school. Not really sure why it did. Have been controlling my diet all the while. Maybe it's the chicken rice chilli I had over dinner on sunday after doing some studying at the national library, while Emily was doing her research for her project. Or could be due to the soya cubes in the soup, though I didn't eat any of them. I have no idea at all. Thank God it blew over and I am more or less ok now. Just have to keep the uric acid in check with medication and prayer (and diet). Praying hard that it won't disturb me anymore for the rest of my life. Gout is definitely NOT something you would want to have.

Have joined the soundlight ministry. And the person I was told to meet is none other than Aaron, who's due to take over Xiumin for the cell group. Seems to be a very big coincidence. Or a divine arrangement set up by God. Yes I know I mentioned joining videolight in my last post. Seemed to have a miscommunication with Fabien about the day to meet. So in the end, he arranged for me to meet up with Aaron. That's when I chose sound over video as I felt I can contribute to the ministry better than in video and I can learn from it as well. Anyway, had a nice session with Aaron where he talked about the ministry and he let me observe how things are being run on the sound board. Looks like it's gonna be an exciting time in ministry. And a farewell to Epson as well. It's been a good year+ working for the company. And I did learn a lot, especially on how to deal with customers and service, something I can keep for life.

Hoping for the Lord to instill patience in me in regards to a particular area in my life. Been distracting me here and there for some time now. Something that I do not really wish to share here right now, and which only a couple of people know about at the moment. That I will not be anxious in this season and that I should trust in Him to provide for me, according to His timing. Wait upon Him and grow in Him everyday.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home