Saturday, July 29, 2006

Baby's finally home

Finally got back my guitar from Maestro yesterday. Reason for buzzing strings apparently came from uneven frets. Oh well, just hope it won't happen again. Bumped into Simin at the shop. Haven't seen her for a while, so chatted a bit. She'll be heading down to Sim on wednesday and on thursday to oversee the sales, so will catch up with her again then. Reminds me, need to get a tuner. Mine died of mercury poisoning (from exploded battery, which tainted the circuit board). Sigh. Relying on the old fashioned tuning fork at the moment. Can't say that I enjoy using it, even though I've been using it for such a long time. Anyway, Joshua tempted me to upgrade my guitar to a Timothy. Which will cost something in the range of $700-$800. Hmm, honestly, I might just take his advice. That means I'll have to let my baby go. He also tempted me with his Taylor 710, for $2k. I'm like, ouch. No way I can afford that. Even with installments. Guess I'll have to let it pass, unless somehow, my sales pick up to a point where I can be financially stable enough. Then again, I need a laptop also, to make my upcoming projects easier to manage and handle. Like what I mentioned before, I love gadgets. Just can't afford them. My mum's already complaining about the amount of stuff I have in my room, especially my guitars. Needs vs wants. Hmm.

Received word from Sean about the status of his office. Looks like it'll be up on tuesday, and I can finally move on with this current assignment. Will need to think up more ways to put his plan into action by then. Praying for new and innovative ideas.

Guess I'll end here. Still a bit lazy to post up the photos from my hp. I'll try and do so soon. Want to end with a sort of poem that Paul Simon wrote in 1966 (if I remember correctly).

What a dream I had
Pressed in organdy
Clothed in crinoline
Of smoky burgundy
Softer than the rain

I wandered empty streets
Down past the shop displays
I hear cathedral bells
Tripping down the alleyways
As I walked on
- © Paul Simon

Really love this. There's more to this poem, but I guess I don't want to post it for now. Anything I write down here, is very reflective of my heart and of my thoughts. Maybe I'll post the whole thing when the right time comes. For now, I need guidance from the Lord. More than anything, right now. This moment in time, to lay in the shelter of His wings. More than anything...

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again raise me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again. I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel" Psalm 71:20-22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home