Thursday, July 13, 2006

My baby's sick

Can hardly believe it's only been a week since my last post. Number of things happened, so pardon me if it's a long post :p

Planning for orientation, which was on yesterday and the day before, was ok. Did manage to achieve what we planned out I think, and the intake of 31 new people wasn't too much, nor too little, in my opinion. There's still another recruitment in September, so definitely there'll be more people coming in. Throw in the possibility of people who just took our fliers and emailing us within the next few weeks, I think it's safe to say we'll have a fairly sizeable club in the upcoming year. Of course, I can't miss out on last year's batch, which retained around 10-20 people, as well. Looks like the department idea can be fulfilled this time around. Will need to sit down and plan some more later on.

Managed to sit down (or rather walk around) and talk to Sean over work, and he wants me to help him in his consumer sector first before transferring to the corporate side later on when it's up. Will be managing a small team of people together with his brother to go around estates putting up advertisements? At least that's what he wanted me to go do. Hmm, hope I'll be able to manage it. Am kinda free at the moment, but still have things on hand to do, like for guitar. Speaking of which, my baby's sick at the moment. Strings started to buzz on tuesday, so I had to bring it down to Maestro yesterday. Sigh, just hope it'll get well soon. Still under warranty, so there shouldn't be any costs involved, I hope. Guess it's the way I changed my strings last month. It's like my first time changing acoustic strings, so I was pretty nervous bout the whole process, especially when it involved a $24 set of strings. Ouch. Not cheap, but it lasts for about 6 months or so. And my last set was nice. Though I SHOULD have bought from Sinemax instead of Luther. I can't seem to find 80/20 Bronze strings Polyweb on Elixer's website. Fake? Possible. Sigh. Guess I will have to get from Sinemax next time around, though it's a bit out of the way for me.

Managed to finally celebrate Joyce's birthday last night with Seb, Eliz, and Sam at Glutton's Bay. Happy belated birthday, sis. Ordered a number of dishes, so we pigged out, lol. And that showed when I woke up this morning with a sore throat. Oh boy.. We hung around Starbucks chitchatting and reading newspapers and becoming paparazzi, shooting each other with cameras. I got a number of, ahem, "natural" shots taken of me -_-" Still have not seen them yet, as they have not sent it out. I'll post them up once I get them.

Celebrated dad's birthday as well on sunday. Went to Soup Kitchen at Compass Point to have dinner. Been a while since we all came out together to eat, so it's nice. Not a big fan of chinese traditional chinese food, but well, it's not often I get to eat it either. And I can't really eat everything either, due to my gout and cough. Praying for complete healing. Pray with me too, my dear readers ü Been raining the whole afternoon on sunday, which got me stuck in an area. Didn't really want to leave, as I wanted to read. Finally started on Every Man, God's Man, which Seb gave me for my birthday last year. Nice book. I'd highly recommend it for guys. Talks about living your live for God, His way.

Terence managed to drop by Singapore with Amanda last week. Missed him a lot, so we caught up on friday at Bugis in the afternoon, while Amanda shopped. Shared some things here and there. He's kinda tired out though, as he didn't really get much rest from the travelling, not to mention the walking around with Amanda, heh. The four days did pass by too fast for my liking. Hope to see him again soon. Maybe I should take a trip up to KL and pay him a visit. Cell trip perhaps? Then we can crash at his place, lol.

Overall, it's been a nice weekend. Not gonna go into specifics, as it'll be too much to post here. Surreal, but nice ü

"Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us." 1 John 3:21-24

1 Comments:

At 8:35 am, Blogger Angeline Choo said...

oh my. when i read "my baby's sick" .. i really tot it was ur baby!! *kena con!* wahhh... :)

neways, i've yet to watch POC. waited so many mnths and years(?) for it. :) will go watch it soon .. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home