Thursday, July 06, 2006

Call of Duty over

Finally, the call is over. Finally, was homeward bound. Yes, it was over since last friday, and this post should be before my last one, but I needed some time to gather some of my thoughts about my reservist. It's been ok, I guess. Managed to catch up with some of my old friends from my army days, though not all turned up. And caught a cold/bad cough in the midst of it. Cold's about gone, but the cough's still lingering somewhat. Better than last week, when it caused my abdominals to hurt badly. Now, it's just the cough. Should cut down totally on cold drinks, but with the hot weather, couldn't really resist sometimes. Heh, I have to from now on I guess. Been avoiding chicken as well. So there goes my diet, again, albeit temporary.

I did
keep a journal of sorts for my 12 days spent in camp. But it's kinda long. Think it might just take up an entire page here if I do post it, so guess I'll edit it before I post it up, another day next week perhaps. Been writing it outfield as well (not to mention bringing books out to read), and some of the guys thought I was nuts. Heh, better than just sitting there doing nothing and getting bitten by mosquitoes. Well, at least I can do some reading and get bitten, lol. Ok, kinda lame. But that's what happened. Didn't really read much, just stuff here and there. Borrowed a Gideon's Bible from my dad's collection of books and brought it out with me. Small enough to tuck into the back pouch of my sbo, so managed to bring it out on trips with me to read.

Just something I wrote, during the period of reflecting on sunday.

Sad Eyes

Don't know why, all these times past
Happening all over again, plunge down the depths
So heavy my emotions, trying to take over
Wishing for a way out, up towards the heavens
Towards where love flows

Sad eyes on my face
Filled with sorrow and loss
Filled with tears of hurt
Just waiting for you to come
To dry my tears and heal my hurts
And take my sad eyes away

Oh Lord come, and take my sad eyes away

©2006 Jonathan Chia, 2nd July 2006


I guess I'm too emotional. All I can do is to commit it to the Lord and let Him take care of it. Been trying to do that for the last few days, and there's a bit of progress, I think. But I don't think I can be fully rational in my thoughts or ways. All I can be is a controlled person emotionally, by God's Grace. And He will lead me, to where He wants me to be, and what He wants me to be. I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. (Psalm 130:5)

"I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God." Psalm 38:15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home