Thursday, July 20, 2006

Collide



Just felt like listening to this song this evening. Cos it was sung at Art Cafe's Open Mic session earlier in the evening? Not really, it's more of the lyrics. One particular line that got me thinking about something someone wrote to me about nearly 2 weeks back, just thinking whether it's the same song or not. Never really found out. I guess I will, soon. Nice song, played it last year during the student week performance with Yong'an in school. Same 4 chords throughout.

Actually, there's another song I kept thinking about as well recently. Corrinne May's Every Beat Of My Heart. Really nice song. But as with most of her songs, there's no score/tab/chords to be found anywhere on the net (yet). So I can't play it on my guitar. Arrange it? I'm not that good. But it's relatively easy, I would think. Just that I don't have the skill for it :p Lyrics below:

So here we stand
Anchored in hope
Letting the rain wash away every fear
Stars in the sky
Twinkle and shine
I pray they won't disappear

'Cause I don't know
Where your journey goes
Or how long it will take to unfold
But as long as we keep this moment shining in the dark
I will be watching over every beat of your heart

I wish that time
Could be replayed
I'd keep you here with me everyday
They say that love is letting go
I hope that you find your way

'Cause I don't know
Where your journey goes
Or how long it will take to unfold
But as long as we keep this moment shining in the dark
I know you're watching over every beat of my heart
© Corrinne May


Song's kinda sad, in a way. But I really like the lyrics and think the music really fits the lyrics well. Kinda fits me, in a sense, at least a bit. Another song is Complicated Heart, by Michael Learns To Rock. Ok, so now I'm thinking of 3 nice songs in my head. Hmm. Actually, there's more. Stephen Bishop's It Might Be You is one of them. There's others, but don't want to list them here (particularly one that's 40 years old, as it'll give me away). Working on being able to play this one a while back. Stopped for now, as things started to get busy and I don't really have the time to practice guitar, which could also be one of the reasons why my guitar is still lying in Maestro now, sigh.
Some really nice songs I would love to play (and be able to play) and sing, for someone, one day. Just need to brush up my playing and vocals more ü Someone teach me how to sing properly!

Saw a poster for this at Art Cafe earlier. Got me interested. Until I saw the requirements for photo submission. 4mp camera needed, which I don't have. 12R sized + printed on glossy + laminated, which will cost quite a bit. Sigh, guess I'll have to wait till I get a better camera and more acquainted with photography stuff before I can start joining contests/competitions. Anyway, it's like 3.38am now, according to my com's clock. Time to spend time with God, then head to bed. It's another brand new day ahead, and practice time with Paul and Huimei at SMU, then cell later in the evening.

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one" 2 Thessalonians 3:3

2 Comments:

At 1:00 am, Blogger joyce said...

oh yar, btw, pls dun get urself into a burn-out. try to slow down things a little. and sleep early or things will just go haywire and become a vicious cycle. im saying that coz i suffered and experienced it. :)

God bless!

 
At 3:06 am, Blogger Jon said...

haha, trying to. but will see. have to do what I have to do. praying for time management so that I can fit everything I need to do. will need His grace, a lot of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home