Sunday, August 27, 2006

Pieces

A hammer and chisel
Put to the door
Beyond it a treasure
Never like before
Pieces of my heart
Broken and scattered
Laid in the open
Tears in the rain
Into the blue
They fly
Waiting to be sewn
Back like before
A complete whole

Then You are there again
Molding me with Your hands
A shape and form anew
Changing my heart forevermore
Being more like You
Everyday in my life
- © Jonathan Chia 25th August 2006


Must admit, it's not written in one sitting. Took about a week and a half to come out with it. Couldn't really find the time to write, much less read what I want to read for this period. So it just remained in my mind, waiting for a chance to be put to paper. Somehow, I think the 2nd stanza don't seem to fit overall. Well, don't really wish to correct it, just leave it as it is. Kinda inspired by Pieces, an actual song by L'arc-en-ciel. Grew to like it after I borrowed Grand Cross Conclusion from Jim a couple of years back. The live version is certainly better than the studio one. Waiting to be able to get the dvd. Won't be cheap as it's not available locally, only the vcd (which I already have). I'm a sucker for quality.

Been a busy week. Sean's new tech guy declined the job at the last minute. So I was in a flurry to search for a new guy, at least to stand in when sean's gone on his trip, and managed to find one. Thank God for that. He wished I could be onboard full time, but it's not possible at the moment. Still have my studies to consider. Jokingly asked him to hire me as his PA, which somehow, he said he'll consider. Hmm. The foundation's getting laid, brick by brick. Just got a message from Sean earlier in the evening telling me of the first sale for the company from the home side, from Sennett area. Nice. First of many to come, I hope. Hope the work I've put in won't be in vain.

"He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:6-8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home