Friday, June 26, 2009

Falling For You

Came upon this song after I had the chance to work with Alarice Thio for the Mercy Relief concert last month. She was selling her cds and I bought one. This song have been receiving regular air play in my ipod ever since. And it just so happened that I was writing similar lines to the chorus in my notebook while listening to the first verse on the train. No, it's not plagurism, as I didn't know the song title over my in-ear monitors then as I had just ripped the cd at the airport and downloaded into my ipod directly half hour prior. And no, I didn't listen to the cd itself. This is becoming a habit of late, buying cds and then ripping them into .wav and downloading into my ipod and listening from there. Just did that for The Corrs' Unplugged album (oops.. :p)

Back to the song, I really loved the acoustic guitar parts on it, as well as the lyrics, of course. There's just something in the song that made me listen to it over and again. Like now, when it's playing (and repeating) on Winamp. And of course, there's that someone out there as well, for whom I was writing about :) Not sure if she already read what I wrote, as it's not posted here, but somewhere else. Then again, she already knew the story of how I wrote it, as I shared the story with her over msn when we were discussing Alarice's songs. At that time though, I doubt she realised she was the recipient of my writing. Or she may have guessed, as we have been going out informally over the last few months. It's only more recently that things progressed and we begun to explore the friendship and talk and discover more about each other. Did know her from a long time back, but not really well. Only late last year we had the chance to work together that got the ball rolling to where it is now. I must stress, though, that we are not a couple at the moment. This stage does seem in line with what I posted here earlier about the impression I had from God regarding my relationship status. So I can only pray for His continued guidance in my life, trusting in Him and serving Him faithfully.

"Finish your outdoor work and get your fields ready; after that, build your house." Proverbs 24:27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home