Monday, November 30, 2009

Leaving...

Been quite a while since I wrote anything here. Nothing much changed since then. Except for a 2 week stay in reservist and her birthday (within the 2 week period), nothing much happened. Officially, I've started my job hunt. Kinda looking around for administrative related positions, perhaps in the role of a personal assistant as well. Most openings for the latter require a few years of experience, which I certainly do not have at the moment. Not really going back to the office nowadays as there's nothing much I can do there. Once my boss hands in the resignation letter to my director on Monday, I have about 2 weeks to clear out my pigeon hole and hand over my client list.

Couldn't really do much for her birthday when I'm stuck halfway across the island serving the country. Gave her the first gift 3 weeks before her birthday, as it fell on the 2nd last day of my reservist. So had to do things early. Made her play amazing race to get her birthday cake when I booked out during the weekend. Her comments over this were that I could apply to be the script writer for the series. Lol. Maybe I really need to consider a career in writing and maybe copywriting. And I don't even watch the show, heh.

After going for a talk with Jon's wife who's in HSR sometime after my last post, I decided the property market isn't suitable for me now, namely cos there's a 5 month wait from the time I secure a flat sale and the time I get paid. I'll be eating grass during the waiting period. Yes it's lucrative, but at what cost? I'll have to broaden my search. Have already applied for a couple of jobs, and am waiting for replies. The student affairs department at my alma mater (NYP) needs an officer. With the closing date at the end of this month, I guess I need to be more patient in waiting for a reply. Hope I get it though. Like the environment, it's not far from home, and I do believe my involvement in student clubs and the student union in SIM gave me some experience which I can apply to this. Another position that I sent out was for a processing executive at a general insurer. I don't mind this as well as it's somewhat related to where I am in now. And this will allow me to experience the other side of the coin, so to speak and see things from the backend.

So do share with me, my dear readers, if you have any leads that can help me find a job. I'll be grateful :)

"God did this so that, by two unchangable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for our soul, firm and secure." Hebrews 6:18-19a

1 Comments:

At 12:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jon. xinyi here. havent visited ur blog for sometime.... nice to see it updated. anyway... good luck for your job search! Im sure God will see you through this! Anyway I would love to visit the cell soon... maybe over christmas. seeya then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home