Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas

Hey all. Just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Hope that all the presents are nice, and that you all spent quality time with your families.

Been a good week more or less, overall. Finally finished my cards and gave out all the gifts that I bought for people, except for a few cos I forgot, and one notable one to give in the next few days.

Christmas was good. Though I was pretty much exhausted due to waking up early in the morning for 4 days in a row (and sleeping 4 hours per night only, on average), but it was worth it. Church had a drama going on in the morning. Kinda realistic, according to Li Yen, who brought her colleague along for the event. Talks about 3 families going through trials, arguments, and other negative stuff. But in the end, it's the love of Christ that brought them back together and helped them through the situations. And quite a number got saved, Praise God. Btw, did anyone get the Christmas cd by Pastor Rony? If so, can I borrow? Kinda broke to get it at the moment, so if anyone can lend me, will be grateful :)

Had a lunch with Xinyi, Hui Qing (did I spell right? Xinyi's friend), Li Yen and Andy (Li Yen's colleague) at the food junction at Century Square. Wanted to head to a restaurant, so in the end, we just decided on the food court. Not too bad, had 2 rounds of food, again. Hungry stomach, was already growling as we closed up the sanctuary earlier. Tim heard the growling with dropped jaws, lol. Colin joined in as we were about to finish lunch, then Li Yen had to go for another appointment with an old friend in Paya Lebar. So the 4 of us (minus Andy, who left with Li Yen) went for a movie. Charlotte's Web was decided on, and it's worth the weekend rate, to my surprise. Kinda tired already by then, but still agreed to some coffee and chit chat with the rest. Couldn't get seats at Star Bucks and Coffee Bean, so went to Delifrance, where we stayed till about 6+. Li Yen joined us again a while after we got there, and sat down and chatted about stuff here and there. Decided to leave after a while cos was feeling tired and I still had to go to Carrefour to get something for a surprise gift for a friend of mine. Just hope it'll be well received.

Kinda tired when I got back home. Met Gary for a bit before going home, since we'll be taking the same bus. So crashed in bed till past lunch time earlier. For a grand total of 13 hours of sleep. First time in a long while that I slept so much. Still kinda groggy though, when I woke up. But it's ok. Got up and checked my emails, chatted on msn a bit with Joyce and Joshua, and broke open the Looney Tunes vcds I bought in Carrefour on Sunday. Hmm loved the classics. Haven't watched them in a long time, so it's lovely to be able to do so again after so long.

Dinner at Sushi Tei with the former excos followed, more to celebrate Sam's birthday than anything else. Food's not bad, though it left me hungry. Kinda like a drop in the ocean, after I finished my main course. Thank God for green tea, which filled my stomach for the time being. Cake was nice. Cookies and cream, yum. Though it was just a small one. But well, we all had a good time. Too bad we didn't have more time to hang out. What's more, the rain was still unrelenting when we got out to head to the trains. Just praying now it won't rain on friday. Else my plans will just end up in smoke.

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home