Sunday, May 27, 2007

Wedding Dinner Blues

Just came back from Kok Eng's wedding dinner a while back. It was ok I guess, managed to catch up with some old friends I have not seen in a few years. But also bored as I didn't really have anyone to talk to through the course of the dinner as all the guys were pretty much involved with helping out for the wedding dinner. Knew him from kindergarten and primary school, where we were virtually in the same class through the years. Only seperated when we went to different secondary schools and polys. He changed somewhat after the split; knew him as a quiet guy, one of the few people I hang around with in school, as I was kinda shy back then (still am, somewhat) and only stuck to a few people and not much to the others. But now, he's definitely more outgoing and confident.

As the date for the dinner loomed, felt kinda emotional, especially earlier in the day. A bit down. Guess I felt pressured to find someone to settle down with, as my sis' wedding is also coming up next year. But I know I need to be more patient and wait upon the Lord. Rushing won't really help and may even make me regret and feel worse later down the road. I know that God has a plan for me. Have to trust in His plan and wait. And at least triple-confirm with Him before I do anything or move.

"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes." Psalm 17:6-7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home