Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Speechless

Finally see You face to face, my God
How I've longed for this moment
How I've waited all my life
There is nothing else I want
Apart from being with You

I want to walk through time
With You by my side
Through Your temple courts
Walking through Your halls
As I marvel in all creation now
The works of Your hand
And I'm speechless Lord
You have made me speechless Lord

I see the universe before me
How I longed to touch
The stars You made
The comets' breeze
A secret place I go now
A place to bow my head and pray
And worship You
Through the ages more and more
- © Jonathan Chia 2007

This song has been in my head for a couple of weeks already, and I've finally managed to write it out early this morning as I got inspired to take out my classical guitar and play a song. Then I remembered this line I wrote 2 weeks ago. About walking through time with God. The rest of the lyrics just came out as I started to strum G, and overall, took about an hour or so. It's quite simple, just using 3 chords. Yet to try on my acoustic, so might have to modify the chords later on. Gven the state of my strings on my classical, this might be a likely case. Overall, I like it a lot.

And the Lord has been good for the last couple of days. Managed to get the "cold room" in the student's lounge in school when I arrived yesterday and today in the afternoon. With the rest of the school and lounge being packed to the brim with people mugging for exams, it's a blessing. Though I'll have to endure the climate of the room (not nicknamed cold room for nothing), it's an enclosed environment, a room by itself. With the guitar cupboard here as well, I can also work on the song later on in the day when I take breaks from revision without worrying about disturbing other people.

Ok, time to hit my books now. Most probably I'll be staying till 9 or so. A lot more reading to go, and there's 20 days left before soci. Will need your prayers, my dear readers. Thanks in advance ü

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy, and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home