Thursday, January 07, 2010

Entering The New Year

The new year didn't really start off on a very good note for me. Broke my 8 year old specs, so I had to head down to the shop the day after to get a replacement. Had an allergic reaction in my eye a couple of days before that as well while I was wearing my contact lenses, which forced me to remove them and seek out a doctor at 2am in the morning. Was at Cass' place at that time and we took a cab to the airport, after finding out that there's no 24hr clinic nearby. There seemed to be one in Tampines, but the line was busy even when we tried a few times. Thank God the cab ride was smooth and the clinic was empty. By then, both eyes were very red. Appreciate the nurse on duty who helped to apply the eye drops. Guess it's necessary to determine if I'll develop any reaction to the antibiotics. Thank God it's all over now and I can go back to wearing contacts, albeit with more caution. Not to mention to Cass too for taking care of me the whole night and into the next morning where the redness subsided.

Entering the new year, I'm still looking around for a new job. Just went through a photo taking session with Cass and she helped me to format one of the shots into my resume to facilitate the job searching. Really hope to secure a job soon and start saving to put my master plan in action.

Things are going well with her. It's been nearly 6 months since we started going out officially, and I'm still discovering new things about her. Not without our share of obstacles and differences of course, but I'm glad that we can talk about what's on our minds and resolve them quickly. Cooking seems to be the flavour of the season, with hotcakes on her mind. Gonna see if we can work that receipe we found in one previous issue of Donna Hay to perfection. Just made a round of no-bake cheesecakes for her friend's new year's eve potluck.

Trying out the receipe the weekend before

Biscuit bases are ready

Mixing it all in. Thank God we bought an egg whisk

Smoothing out the mixture.

Was telling her that if this works out, we can go and do this full time, and name it J&C's No Bake Cheesecakes. Heh. From her came hesitant eyes. Oh well, at least we won't have to worry about what dessert to make next time we head for a potluck.

Stay tuned for more of cooking season.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of God. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3-10

2 Comments:

At 11:54 pm, Anonymous Sther said...

Give me the receipeleh..wana try oso. And why dun have for us? Thad can eat cake too!!

 
At 4:07 pm, Blogger Jon said...

You organise a potluck lor, kiddo. I'll bring the cheesecake :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home