Monday, June 11, 2007

Called to serve at the last minute, part ∞

Ok, maybe not that exaggerated. But was asked by Nehemiah to serve for the 7pm service when I popped by for the worship session after fixing Pw's com. Which is still a bit not ok, but hoping Sean will email me the stuff to settle it soon. Graphics card issue again, like Xinyi's, but Pw's card was badly rusted. Maybe cos she moved to the east coast area recently. Ah well. Just hope the new card she bought from the run to Sim Lim will last her. Bobby Michaels live was awesome. Starting to like his songs a lot, and just borrowed a couple of his cds from Liyen during lunch after the 11am service, where I was serving as well (i'm a poor humble student, hence the borrowing of cds to "ahem" :p). Really felt that it's a good day overall, and felt blessed and joyful. Saw Colin during the service also, and he gave me a ride to Tampines central (where I had a late dinner) after I finished closing up the sound system and the other stuff. Really long day, but a good one :)

Decided to list down the books I have stacked on my table, to get the ball rolling on my R&R - running and reading program. With reservist looming, I NEED to run and get back in shape. I want my gold award and $400! Ok, here we go.

  • The Starbucks Experience - Joseph A. Michelli
  • Quest For Love - Elizabeth Elliot
  • How to have a meaningful quiet time - Rick Warren
  • Crunch Point - Brian Tracy
  • Persuasion - Jane Austen
  • God, the devil and Harry Potter - John Killinger
  • Exploring Worship - Bob Sorge
  • Riding the Storm - John de Jong (thanks, Sharon)
  • The Secret of Loving - Josh McDowell
  • The Return of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • Winning With People - John C. Maxwell
  • The Difference Maker - John C. Maxwell
  • Secrets of Self-made Millionaires - Adam Khoo
  • Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Spiritual Character - Lance Lambert
  • The Comforter - Brian J. Bailey
  • Dating With Passion - Rob Eagar
  • It's About the Money - Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, SR & Jesse L. Jackson, JR
  • The 360 degree leader - John C. Maxwell
  • Winning - Jack Welch & Suzy Welch
  • Jack Welch and the 4E's of Leadership - Jeffrey A. Krames

Other books I want to revisit again soon

  • Choosing Wisely In Life - Buddy Harrison
  • I Kissed Dating Goodbye - Joshua Harris
  • Boy Meets Girl - Joshua Harris
  • Every man, God's man - Stephen Arterburn and Kenny Luck
  • Iron Man - Neivelle Tan (good book bout local gangster in 60s turned pastor!)
  • More Than A Carpenter - Josh McDowell (on loan to Cat at the moment)

Also, there are like 4 books that I borrowed from Colin a long time ago. Kept forgetting about them and only started on one recently. Sigh, long list of stuff to read. I need a bigger bookshelf!! Note to self - stop buying books until I clear the reading. But manga don't count :p Guess I'll start the ball rolling with Colin's books first. Felt bad about holding on to them for so long. Me and my short term memory. Ah well. Time to be a bookworm again.

Been praying for a job as well, and have been asking around. Guess if no offers come in soon, I'll ask Jiayan to enquire for me the position at her old place, to do admin-related stuff. Pay's not too bad, just a bit short of what I'm looking for, but still better than nothing. Taylor, here I come!

"But what does it say? 'The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,' that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, 'Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.' " Romans 10:8-11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home