Friday, June 15, 2007

Faithful Friend

Everyone knows you as a man of honor
I am glad to know you simply as a friend
You've always taken time to be my brother
And I'll be standing by you in the end

And I'll never put you on a pedestal
I thank the Lord for everything you do
I'll be there to pray for you
And for the ones you love
I believe that He'll finish
All He started in you

I wil be an open door that you can count on
Anywhere you are, anywhere you've been
I will be an honest heart you can depend on
I will be a faithful friend

I am one of many whose path has been made clearer
By the light you carry faithfully
As a warrior and a child
God has used you greatly
To encourage and inspire
You remain a true friend all the while

So I will never put you on a pedestal
Cos we both know all the glory is the Lord's
I'll be there to pray that He will keep you by His grace
And I always will remind you
To be seeking His face

I will be an open door that you can count on
Anywhere you are, anywhere you've been
I will be an honest heart you can depend on
I will be a faithful friend

Should it ever come your time to mourn
I will wept with you
And every single time you win
I'm celebrating too
I will celebrate with you

I will be an open door that you can count on
Anywhere you are, anywhere you've been
I will be an honest heart you can depend on
I will be a faithful friend

- Steven Curtis Chapman & Twila Paris

Was reminded of this song lately. Really nice song that I first heard a couple of years back from a good sister of mine. Both singers are really good, to say the least. This song makes me think of all the true friends I have in my life, who stick close through the thick and thin, always providing support in times of bad, and who encourage me in the good times as well. And I think, I am very fortunate to have them in my life. Also makes me think about another issue, but I guess I have to pray more about it. Still seeking an answer from God about it.

Kinda weird to be posting so "early" in the morning. By all accounts, I should be fast asleep, but yet, I was wide awake through the night. Considering that I woke up at 4pm.. Ah well, vacation is like that for me, very nocturnal. Was at Xinyi's place the night before cos her com acted up again. This time, the placement holders for the graphics card in her casing being the culprit. Had a hard time trying to remove the card before I decided to remove the holders completely and managed to reinstall the card in the end. Only problem is there's no screw to secure the card in place, so now it's kinda hanging from the AGP slot. Tried to use the screws from the placement holders but they can't fit. Praying it won't be a problem, but to be on the safe side, am thinking of using one of the spare screws I have from my com to secure the card. Just have to see when she's free again.

Also, there's Peiwen's com to troubleshoot as well tomorrow afternoon. After installing a new graphics card for her, now her ram seems to be acting up. Ah well. Should not be a problem, unless it's the motherboard in which case I'll need to call for more help (from Sean). Ah well.. just hope to solve whatever I can.

Guess I have to go now. Need to head to school for a performance and maybe some negotiation with another club later. There's also a performance at the esplanade to catch in the early evening. Looks like it's gonna be a day of tea and coffee for me.

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:7-8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home