Thursday, June 28, 2007

Nameless entry

For lack of a post title, I guess I'll just call it as it is, a nameless entry. Too tired to really think much now.

Work's been good so far. Though getting up at 6.30am everyday is something that will take some time to get used to. Been relying on a lot of coffee for the last couple of days to keep me awake. Getting blur and keep forgetting stuff. It's quite a bit to know, actually. Hope to be familiar with most of my work by Monday, when a colleague who's mentoring me will be leaving. Apparently, I was brought in to replace her for a period of time, while they are looking for a permanent staff. And Surbana is HUGE. Quite a lot of people in 27 floors (main tower).

Finally managed to get the wireless network up for Xinyi earlier in the week. Spent most of Monday evening trying to get it up but without success. Only after I was somehow prompted inside to call Nixon (thanks bro) onTuesday that I managed to think of a solution to solve the issue. Took the better part of 3 hours of downloading and patching Windows to service pack 2, and another half hour or so for other things and test for stability, but overall it's successful. Her family now can do without the phone line crossing 2 bedrooms, which was how it's originally been before the old modem died on them and they had to stretch the line to connect to the modem in Xinyi's room. Tired after only leaving at 11.30pm on Tuesday, but just glad I can fix their pc issues. Gonna miss Birdy though. Was getting used to hearing his voice. Kinda cute with that voice of his, with all the different noises he makes. Which parrot you know can meow like a cat or imitate a ringing telephone? Heh. All the while I thought their phone was ringing when it was really Birdy. Hope to see him again soon.

Guess I'm gonna sleep now. Need to wake up early again, then still meeting Colin in the evening to share some things. Got a couple of matters to ponder about as well, so I guess it's good night. Yet to really write out the poem I have in my head. Need a bit more inspiration and the right environment to do so. Not to mention more time. Attempted a bit on Monday, but didn't manage to finish it. A few unresolved and pressing matters to deal with also. Sigh. Really need to find my focus, as what someone told me recently, and just let go of the rest. I'm spreading myself too thin for my own good. Hope to find what I'm looking for soon.

"Rather, as servants of God, we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything." 2 Corinthians 6:4-10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home