Thursday, July 26, 2007

Seeking God's Will

Been a crazy day at work. Suddenly I find myself swamped with projects, about 5-6 of them, part of the 9 project package to be delivered later in the morning to HDB's procurement office. Think there are some more work to be done before the delivery. Ouch. Have not been like this before. The max I've delivered was like 6, with me processing about half. But Noelle's record was 20. -_-" Have not idea how she handled that. Noelle, btw, is my "boss", or rather my colleague as she puts it though she's the one supervising me. Rather nice lady, though if you touch any of her piglet plushies on her table you are only asking for trouble. And something she mentioned to me struck me. I've been making many minor mistakes in my work lately, and she sensed that I was tired. Which was true. 4-5 hours of sleep everyday is certainly not very healthy. I'm still pushing for club matters. But at least I've found 2 more members willing (?) to take up exco positions. Still have not decided on each person's role; kinda hard with 2 of them currently overseas, one of which is back at her hometown with no Internet connection. Sigh.

Was kinda troubled by some issues in my life recently. Well, you know me, I'm a worry wort. But somehow I felt better just before lunch earlier. Felt the peace and joy of God flow into my heart, and a fountain of joy was established. Felt a sense of confirmation regarding a matter as well, but still want to test it out. And I know that now is not really the right time as yet. Still have to seek His Will and draw closer to Him first. For I know that He'll bring things together in my life at the right time. Have to have faith in God, just as Abraham, Joshua and many many others did. With faith, comes obedience. To quote Charles Haddon Spurgeon, "Faith and obedience are bound up in the same bundle; he that obeys God trusts God; and he that trusts God obeys God. He that is without faith is without works, and he that is without works is without faith." Will need to hold on to Him, and mediate on His Word to find His Will for my life. His Will, and not mine, be done.

"Do not confirm any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home