Saturday, July 21, 2007

Triple Nine

Together with 995, these were the among the numbers I dialed on my handphone today. Was walking to the bus stop to head to church, when I heard a loud sound behind me. Turning back, was surprised to see something lying at the entrance of the multi storey carpark next to my block. So ran back and saw that it's a girl lying there with blood coming coming out of her mouth and nose. Got rooted to the spot, and didn't know what else to do but to call the police. A passer by also told me to call for an ambulance, as it might still be possible to save her. But she's pronounced dead on the spot when the paramedics arrived. All the while, the rain was drizzling down to wash the body and blood pool. Police arrived a short while after that and took down my particulars and contact, so that I can be reached if necessary. It's kinda sad, to see a young life gone just like this. I suspect she jumped off the roof of the carpark, as where she landed was like 5 feet from the entrance. Either this, or she was pushed, which seem unlikely, as she would have landed right at the entrance, instead of a bit of a distance away.

Still, was a bit traumatised by the sight of the dead body and the blood pool. Nothing else I could do but head to church. Read God's Word on the way there, but the incident was still on my mind when I reached. It's only after I talked to Nehemiah that I felt better. Shared some of his experience with me, and assured me that there was nothing more I could have done to help. Also, there's no point dwelling on it, as it'll only be a burden in the future. As he talked, I felt that he's right. I have to commit it to God and let Him take care of it for me, that I should cast every care into His hands and move on with the confidence that He is leading me.

Life is fragile, and my almost immediate thoughts after the incident were the loved ones around me, as well as the person I care about and am fond of. Just had a dream of her last night, where I shyly took her hand and laced the fingers. Not sure if it's a dream to become a reality in the future, but I know that I have to pray about it, and follow God's Will for my life.

My dream of getting a taylor took a leap forward. Now have about half of the amount I need, thanks to some blessings from my dad. Still, I don't want to splurge everything on a guitar; still want some amount to remain behind in my bank account. Just hope to be able to get it in the next few months. Now have to consider Joshua's taylor as well, as he's looking to sell it. An older guitar from the late 90's that has a warm sound from a cedar top and indian rosewood back and sides. Hmm tough decisions to make. Still feel like going back to Sinamex to "molest" every taylor on display when their new shipment comes in in August. The GS8 (stika spruce and indian rosewood) I played on thursday sounded sweet and heavenly though. Can't wait for the GS6 (stika spruce and maple) to come so that I can play it.

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" Psalm 91:1-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home