Friday, August 10, 2007

Joy and Peace

Initially edited my previous post to reflect my thoughts as of 11.37pm last night, but for some reason or another, it didn't really come out. So decided to create a new post.

Day after day, I seek Your Will
The promises and portion You give
With each new sunrise
Teach me to submit, dear Lord
Your Will and not my own
To surrender and be guided
Your joy and peace filling me
By faith, each day I live

Went out initially yesterday to catch a movie, but decided just before I got to the mrt that I'll go have dinner and catch the fireworks outside the padang instead. Didn't really have anything to eat since I got up at 1 in the afternoon, so was pretty hungry when I got to Raffles City and had BK. Was still filling hungry when I first typed this out, but am feeling better at least. Went to Hans @ the national library after the fireworks to grab a drink and do some reading and reflection. Can only trust in God to guide and provide. If singlehood is His gift for me, then I'll gladly accept and submit to His Will for my life.

"All my longings lie open before you, O LORD; my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes. I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O LORD my God." Psalm 38:9-10, 15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home