Sunday, August 12, 2007

Gift of singlehood?

Can't seem to stop listening to My Shepherd for the last couple of days. Finally managed to "prepare" the song a week after I got the cd of the sermon. And I simply love it. It's very meaningful, drawing from Psalm 23, and it's touching as well, my favourite type of song. Coupled with Girly's voice, which is simply amazing. Have to find a way to figure out the chords, which might be a bit hard since it's played on a piano. And my ears aren't really that "tuned" as yet, though I've been playing the guitar for the better part of 9 years and have been a soundman-in-training for the last year and a half. I'm improving, I think, but there's still much of a ways to go.

As I posted earlier, I've been praying for a week over an issue in my life. It's actually about someone I like, in particular. Felt assured about it on Friday, but somehow it sidetracked over the last couple of days. Conversations over msn can be hot and cold (though it's much better when face to face I would think), which got me thinking whether or not I should even initiate. Spoke to Pastor Rachel again over this earlier in the evening at the end of the 7pm service, and she said no for my own sake. So for now, I'm confused over this, about where to go and what to do. Guess I should wait upon the Lord first, and hold on to His gift of singlehood, and use it to bless others, especially in church and ministry. Unless she hints otherwise, this will be what I intend to do. Do keep me in prayer, my dear reader. God bless.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

1 Comments:

At 5:36 pm, Blogger joyce said...

hi jon, i was thinking abt this issue of urs.. well, i thot u might wanna leave this to a later part of ur years, maybe when u start wkg and is stable in ur job and spiritually. ultimately, u have to ask urself y u want a relationship so much, 1 after another...issit coz of loneliness, etc? it wld be better to start looking for a relationship when u r ready to settle down... meaning get married in the next 2 to 3 yrs time.. if nt, i dun think is ideal to keep looking for one... meanwhile, ya.like u said.. serve God with ur singleness :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home